Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

QR / Qatar Airways: Earn & Redeem AA Miles, Award [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR / Qatar Airways: Earn & Redeem AA Miles, Award [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
been watching DOH-AMM, DOH-KWI, DOH-MCT, DOH-SLL just to see how my connection would work while I wait for my preferred LAX-JFK seat to open up. today all award inventory went from plentiful to 0 on the two week period in August that I was monitoring.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
I see that....up to and including Aug 28.
Makes me think I should change now for Oct.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by LukeO9
I see that....up to and including Aug 28.
Makes me think I should change now for Oct.
yup, same thing i'm seeing. there was tons of seats every day of the week to these locations as of yesterday. so this was an overnight wiping of award inventory.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:50 pm

Would you please tell me it is possible to fly quatar from MLE to DPS? If not what is the best way to get to DPS from MLE? thank you!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Would you please tell me it is possible to fly quatar from MLE to DPS? If not what is the best way to get to DPS from MLE? thank you!
confused why you think qatar operates this kind of fifth freedom route. but it depends on your dates but if you're looking to use AA you'd go through HK on cathay. otherwise silkair is having a 50% off sale right now.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Is AA allowing changes or cancellations to QR award tickets to CAI?

Have a booking in Oct but AA has not been able to reissue it for some reason. Wondering if AA will allow cancellations for free or will they try to put me on EY instead?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Have a booking in Oct but AA has not been able to reissue it for some reason. Wondering if AA will allow cancellations for free or will they try to put me on EY instead?
Why do you think it needs to be reissued? If it's a significant enough of a schedule change (maybe 2+ hours, but you'd have to have a justifiable reason), then you can cancel and rebook on any airline you wish as long as there is award availability. If there's none, and the schedule change isn't suitable for you, Uour only option would be to cancel the entire booking free of charge.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

I think AA allows route changes on awards anyway, provided there is availability on the alternate flights. So, if you're ticketed on an award DOH-CAI, you can find award space DOH-xxx-CAI and call and switch.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
For those of you looking at options on QR, I was recently looking at a QR sales fare in J ex-YUL, but learned that QR travel from Canada doesn't earn Aadvantage miles.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
...but learned that QR travel from Canada doesn't earn Aadvantage miles.
You mean from AA.com or elsewhere?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
For those of you looking at options on QR, I was recently looking at a QR sales fare in J ex-YUL, but learned that QR travel from Canada doesn't earn Aadvantage miles.
Thanks for pointing this out; I wasn't aware of this restriction (not that I'm planning on flying QR to/from Canada or Mexico). It looks like Canada, Mexico, and Central America are the only categorical restrictions. AA's partner earnings page for QR says:

Earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles for travel on Qatar within the Middle East and between the Middle East and:
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • South America
  • South Pacific
  • U.S.

Last edited by anabolism; Jun 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by JonNYC
When this issue came up, I discovered it's not just QR

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28458449-post21.html
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
When this issue came up, I discovered it's not just QR

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28458449-post21.html
Yes, but is it accurate.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Yes, but is it accurate.
I won't presume to know the answer nor would I guess what AA agents or Advantage agents know. The DM exchange that was posted didn't inspire me.

I'm sure someone at AA knows the answer why CX or BA flights and the others I listed that originate in Canada will earn on AA, but QR, AY and IB won't.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I'm sure it has been on AA.com but I confess that I would never have thought that a ticket on a Oneworld carrier ex-Canada might not earn miles. Even stranger that BA earns but IB doesn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.