Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Notice lemons, no limes
THAT I understand. Limes have had a disastrous season and are sky high expensive. WSJ article.

If you BYO, be sure they are under 100 ml...
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Watching such a frivolous complaint unfold before me...

a family of 3-5 chinese pax with limited english skills used the F lav on a short BOS-ORD flight which I'm on now. Pax the seat in front of me upset because he feels they shouldn't use it.

Waited 12 m. to use the restroom (I'm reading over his shoulder), which he has included in an email to Doug Parker himself. Has been writing said email for nearly half an hour.

A+
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by FlightWhite

a family of 3-5 chinese pax with limited english skills used the F lav on a short BOS-ORD flight which I'm on now. Pax the seat in front of me upset because he feels they shouldn't use it.

Waited 12 m. to use the restroom (I'm reading over his shoulder), which he has included in an email to Doug Parker himself. Has been writing said email for nearly half an hour.

A+
I'm sure Doug Parker will address this serious matter first thing on Monday, instead of running an airline. Was he upset because they are Chinese? Perhaps he should relax and swing by Panda Express and get some "Sweet" and sour chicken after the flt. If AA throws him any miles, I'd be shocked - shocked I say. Was he in a paid FC seat or upgraded?

Sneaky Chinese. Give me a break. Suck down your G&T and relax.

I'll make a public announcement on my next trip to TPE to not use the front lav if you are sitting in Y. I'll run ads in all newspapers and I'll send a carrier pigeon to mainland China to spread the news.

I know Doug will know this is a "code red" on Monday, or perhaps AA should contact him ASAP, disrupting his Sunday Brunch at the Four Seasons.

This is truly a matter of life or death. Perhaps they have the bird flu?

Curtains are provided to keep the kettles in the rear.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by FlightWhite

A+
The unabashed horror of it all! I mean, they might not even be able to read the crucial instructions in the lab and commit some totally unacceptable action, endangering the lives and safety of everyone aboard.

I'm sure someone will call Mr. Parker forthwith so he can appoint a team to deal with this critical issue first thing Monday morning. (I'll bet this guy has a no eagles rating - unless they are allowed to go minus on the scale.)
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
The unabashed horror of it all! I mean, they might not even be able to read the crucial instructions in the lab and commit some totally unacceptable action, endangering the lives and safety of everyone aboard.

I'm sure someone will call Mr. Parker forthwith so he can appoint a team to deal with this critical issue first thing Monday morning. (I'll bet this guy has a no eagles rating - unless they are allowed to go minus on the scale.)
well NOW i'm super offended that as an EXP i am not made aware of this magical LAB now on select flights.

either way i will be addressing doug P forthwith, presuming he has time to address this after managing the fallout from FAs sleeping in flagship suites after NOT unfolding placemat linens during meal service.

i joke but really, CAN HE PLEASE FIX ALL OF THIS as well as reducing the number of cashews in the mix? good lord.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:02 am

I did not receive my notification email telling me my upgrade to J had cleared on AA101 this morning. I think I may have missed out on being able to select a window seat for today's flight.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I can't wait to see what happens when they find out half the button holes are metric and half Imperial ....
Thank you for pointing this out. It explains why my napkin never stays up. I was going to write a complaint about it here, but considering the metric vs imperial button hole size, this no longer is unsubstantive.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by 0335th
I did not receive my notification email telling me my upgrade to J had cleared on AA101 this morning. I think I may have missed out on being able to select a window seat for today's flight.
Only relevant for this thread if you did not want the window seat in the first place
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
i joke but really, CAN HE PLEASE FIX ALL OF THIS as well as reducing the number of cashews in the mix? good lord.
To be fair, the number of cashews is a bit absurd. I know they don't want to include peanuts for several reasons, but I'd honestly trade half the cashews for peanuts--there's just so many of them.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bttc
To be fair, the number of cashews is a bit absurd. I know they don't want to include peanuts for several reasons, but I'd honestly trade half the cashews for peanuts--there's just so many of them.
I'd rather give up everything but the cashews, a simple offer of warm cashews would be just about perfect for me and I wouldn't have to ever glance at what I'm eating.

It took a while for the SWU to clear on my international flight yesterday, so my domestic feeder cleared into X then it was recoded into A when the international upgrade went through. I was given 1.5 EQP and a 25% class of service bonus for the segment... paid A should be 50%, upgrade A should be 0%, why did AA split the difference?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Zaynab
Only relevant for this thread if you did not want the window seat in the first place
Fair Enough...and I have another.

On AA101 today in J on the IFE it shows to have DrPepper available. When I asked for it the FA told me they do not serve it on int flights so I have to settle for European Coke.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by 0335th
so I have to settle for European Coke.
I hear that is the good stuff.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
After booking some AA flights from AUS to ORD RT, my confirmation e-mail had them listed as US Airways flights. Almost fainted..
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
so I have to settle for European Coke
In Asia, they still use sugar in Coke, maybe also the case in Europe; tastes better than high fructose corn syrup version. On the non-sugar front, in Europe they can't call it "Diet Coke" since that implies health benefits, hence the "Coke Light".
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by relangford
In Asia, they still use sugar in Coke, maybe also the case in Europe; tastes better than high fructose corn syrup version. On the non-sugar front, in Europe they can't call it "Diet Coke" since that implies health benefits, hence the "Coke Light".
Agree that the Coke with the sugar taste better. You can get it in the US around Passover as the bottles labeled Kosher for Passover are made with sugar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.