Wiki Posts
Search

No more upgrade email notifications?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
No more upgrade email notifications?

Is anyone still receiving email notifications when their 500-mi upgrades clear? I have not received them for my two flights since the award programs were merged. (Both were AA-metal flights.)
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I got one before my last flight on Monday.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Update: I did just get one (different subject line, "You've been upgraded") but it came an hour and a half after my seat changed to one in Business.

I didn't get one at all for my previous flight.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Is anyone still receiving email notifications when their 500-mi upgrades clear? I have not received them for my two flights since the award programs were merged. (Both were AA-metal flights.)
Same. Thought I might have changed the email notification setting, but it's still checked to email me. Probably just a bug that will eventually be fixed.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
I've had two upgrades since the weekend - one I got an email notification two hours after the event and for the other I got no notification at all (both came through immediately before it went to airport control - I never showed on the upgrade list on the app).
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
have not got one in months, I just the AA app on my phone to see if I am upgraded,
maybe the merger has something to do with it..????
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: AA, HH
6 upgrades in the past two weeks and no notifications. I updated the info in my account, e-mail and text but still nothing.

Update 4/5/2015: I have a flight on Wed and Thur and I got notifications for both today so maybe the system is catching up and starting to send out the e-mails now.

Last edited by itchief; Apr 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by itchief
6 upgrades in the past two weeks and no notifications. I updated the info in my account, e-mail and text but still nothing.
Same over the weekend and this week no notifications. A little annoying as I ended up being upgraded into a bulkhead and had no idea until I went to check in. At that point, no chance to change. Just thankful it was 3B on a 737 and NOT an MD80
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL, UA
I got them just last week but they were slow to come in... Meaning I noticed I was upgraded some 4 hours before I got the email
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:00 am
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
I think they stopped notifying, which sux.

I checked my account profile and under "BeNotified", the only options available are:
  • Baggage carousel
  • Departure reminders
  • Schedule changes
  • Gate changes
  • Day-of-travel delays & cancellations

Upgrade notifications are GONE.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I received email notification of my upgrades for my Wednesday flights, right at the 100 hour mark. As with the new flight notification emails, the upgrade email is HTML instead of text, which I find annoying.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:41 am
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Originally Posted by Catbert10
I received email notification of my upgrades for my Wednesday flights, right at the 100 hour mark. As with the new flight notification emails, the upgrade email is HTML instead of text, which I find annoying.
Odd. My last one I received was March 24th, but I've been upgraded 4 times since then with no notification.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just got an UPG notification for a DFW-LGA flight next week. It's a new format and look but definitely got the notification.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:40 pm

I was upgraded for both legs of a flight yesterday. For the first flight, I got no notification, I just saw in the app that my seat had changed. While that flight was in the air, I got upgraded for the second leg, and I received an email showing both upgrades.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Just 3 data points, but I have been upgraded and notified at almost the 100 hour mark on all of my flights for next week for which there is an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.