Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW-PVG and DFW-HKG Starting Summer 2014 [route discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Route and General Discussion new DFW-PVG and DFW-HKG Routes

ATTENTION! Before you post...
This thread is for the general discussion about the new DFW-PVG and DFW-HKG routes.

Discussion about upgrades on the DFW-HKG flights are here: 77W DFW-HKG AA 137 / 138 Upgrade & Waitlist Discussion
Discussion and questions about flight experiences on the DFW-HKG flights can be found here: 77W DFW-HKG AA 137 / 138 flight experiences, questions

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

"In summer 2014, we plan to introduce new nonstop service between Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Hong Kong (HKG), a first for any U.S. carrier. Plus, enjoy a world-class travel experience to Hong Kong on our brand new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. Check back soon for booking details."

First DFW-HKG flight on June 11, 2014. First HKG-DFW flight on June 13, 2014.

Schedule will be as under, subject to approvals (source airlineroute.net):
● AA137 Departing Dallas 12:45PM arriving Hong Kong 6:05PM (+1 day) [duration 16:20]
● AA138 Departing Hong Kong 1:30PM arriving Dallas 4:30PM [duration 16:00]
● 8,111 AAdvantage miles in each direction

"We plan to introduce new service between Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Shanghai (PVG), with flights beginning [on 11 June 2014]. We're excited to be the first U.S. carrier to offer this convenient nonstop route, which will complement existing service between our Chicago (ORD) and Los Angeles (LAX) hubs and Shanghai. Booking details available soon." Date as per 17 Oct 2013 filing with USDOT.

Schedule will be:
● Departing Dallas 10:55AM arriving Shanghai 2:55PM (+1 day) [duration 15:00]
● Departing Shanghai 4:50PM arriving Dallas 6:10PM [duration 14:20]
● 7,351 AAdvantage miles in each direction

In addition to these new routes, we currently offer you even more convenient nonstop flights to top destinations in Asia, including flights between:

Tokyo Narita (NRT) and Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Chicago (ORD) and Los Angeles (LAX)
Tokyo Haneda (HND) and New York Kennedy (JFK) (to be dropped Nov 29)
Beijing (PEK) and Chicago (ORD)
Seoul (ICN) and Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
Shanghai (PVG) and Chicago (ORD) Los Angeles (LAX) (not mentioned from AA announcement)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver

DFW-PVG and DFW-HKG will be launched next summer. 777-300ER to be used on the HKG flight. Text below:

"New Asia service: We plan to add new nonstop service from Dallas-Fort Worth to Hong Kong and Shanghai beginning summer 2014. The Hong Kong flight will mark our first Asia service on our world-class Boeing 777-300ER, which we currently fly to both London and Sao Paulo. American will be the first airline to operate nonstop service to these cities from Dallas-Fort Worth, which will offer customers one-stop connections between Hong Kong and Shanghai and the Americas via our largest hub.

More 777-300ER service: We will deploy additional 777-300ER aircraft to our fleet in 2014, for a total of 16 of the 20 aircraft on order."

Last edited by sts603; Oct 16, 2013 at 10:32 am
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Would love to see an official AA announcement, but still, FINALLY!!!!^^^

About 7 Years overdue, but this will really make my day
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Would love to see an official AA announcement, but still, FINALLY!!!!^^^

About 7 Years overdue, but this will really make my day
this flight will also be known as ShF and family re-qualifying flight express hehehe
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:38 am

Depending on the schedule, this will make it easier to connect to flights in SE Asia.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Great news! I hope they'll start a closer cooperation with CX now!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Here is the official announcement: http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/moreasia...title=moreasia

I'm guessing this is why the president of AA visited the head of the Chinese CAAC in Beijing last week.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by TProphet
Here is the official announcement: http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/moreasia...title=moreasia

I'm guessing this is why the president of AA visited the head of the Chinese CAAC in Beijing last week.
Heheh... They mention JFK-HND, and then they're going to pull the rug out from under you.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:47 am

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
I just look forward to finally be able to fly to HKG direct and free, even if it is in the rather cramped back of the bus.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jfkeze
this flight will also be known as ShF and family re-qualifying flight express hehehe
Bahaha, I won't be surprised if I fly that 4-6 times a year now
Very happy to see the service, need to see what date is the inaugural but would love to be on it if possible.
I have the feeling DFW-HKG just became the hardest route to burn a EVIP the moment they fly it.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:04 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Incredibly wonderful awesome news!!!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

My joy is mitigated by the loss of direct AA JFK service to Japan.......
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
HKG on AA metal is very, very good news.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, CC Gold
Finally!! This is really exciting news. Now, if I can only burn my SWUs on this flight... Something tells me that it's going to be really popular
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Heheh... They mention JFK-HND, and then they're going to pull the rug out from under you.
Will there no longer be any AA service to Asia from NY?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Depending on the schedule, this will make it easier to connect to flights in SE Asia.
Schedule will be as under, subject to approvals:

Departing Dallas 12:40PM arriving Hong Kong 6:00PM (+1 day)
Departing Hong Kong 1:30PM arriving Dallas 4:30PM

Departing Dallas 10:55AM arriving Shanghai 2:55PM (+1 day)
Departing Shanghai 4:55PM arriving Dallas 2:55PM

(HT: Lucky)

--------------------

Thread title has been updated slightly for findability reasons.

If anyone would be interested in starting a Wikipost containing relevant information, links, etc. the moderator team would greatly appreciate it!

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.