Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2007, 4:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Admirals Club, TrueBlue, AF/KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by JDiver
OK, McFlyPHL, will you now add that to your spreadsheet?

Congrats!

BTW, all, I had an MD-80 flight DFW-SMF last night where the fairly senior (I suspect) FA providing meal service etc. was absolutely top notch! Addressed everyone by name taking drink and meal selections FEBO, and did so several times during and at the end of the flight (when thanking pax for flying AA.) Humorous, personable, warm, welcoming, positive, returning several times to see if people wanted more nuts, a refill, etc. Yes, a bit OT here, but OTOH, that is premium service!
Applause??
Old May 2, 2007, 9:06 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
OK, McFlyPHL, will you now add that to your spreadsheet?
I think it's already in 1.9, the version that's posted - functions just like any other challenge, it's just longer

If not, its definitely in the half-baked next version I'm working on. Now, if I could just figure out an efficient way to make status calculation dynamic *AND* accurate.
Old May 2, 2007, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum
A new program for VIP pax is coming, according to AA: ConciergeKey Services, beginning May 1 2007.

Customers selected for ConciergeKey services will receive a card in the mail (oh, yeah, one more card!) Some of the services provided will include reroutes, flight and seat changes, airport meeting and assistance, upgrade requests, etc. (But will they help when someone rams your luggage cart in the First Class line?)

I guess recipients will know AA loves them, now "tangibilitized" with a new card. Not to mention, the intent is to help AA keep competitive for these valued folks.
Sounds like what I get from the AAngles! Yes I have to pay $275, but I probably wouldn't be picked for this new service anyways. And as an AC member ... I get a card!!!!
Old May 12, 2007, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by jrhone
1/ From what I am reading the service is designed to provide more of a day of departure service to VIP's. The information provided to us is that the number of VIP's has been greatly reduced , the list appears to have been reduced by 50% . Given the small number of VIP's and the fact that they dont all fly everyday I dont think there will be that much of an impact.
I know that this thread has been dormant, but...I got the ConciergeKey package a few days ago, and was checking in here for the first time in a long time to see what the deal was.

A couple of excerpts from the propaganda sent to me:

American Airlines ConciergeKey representatives are on hand at major airports around our system[...] Since your itinerary indicates you are a ConciergeKey customer, our representative will attempt to meet your flight or locate you in the boarding area if there is a schedule change, weather delay, or other unforeseen circumstance. Of course, you are invited to call the ConciergeKey hotline and speak with a telephone representative anytime you need assistance[...]

As a ConciergeKey customer, you can skip the ordinary lines at the airport and step to the premium service positions wherever available. You are always welcome to use the premium lanes regardless of your AAdvantage status or the type of ticket you hold.[...]

If you use ticket counter check-in, you are always welcome to use our First and Business Class counters where available.[...]

Use the premium security lane, available at more than 30 airports around our system.[...]
And yes, there's a new card and a new phone number.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:23 am

A new program for VIP pax is coming, according to AA: ConciergeKey Services, beginning May 1 2007.

The program is primarily aimed at CEO's, CFO's and those that manage/control the AA contract within a company. Has nothing to do with how much one travels. AA has been loosing contracts to UA and others by offering special deals (UA has been providing everyone with elite status and 2x milegae for a year - with elite that means 4x). AA thinks by babying the execs, they will remain loyal. There will aslo be a VIP designator in the PNR record, so everyone they deal with know they are to be taken care of. Someone also has to come on each plane and great the person before take off in a focus city. This means people are going to get diverted from their jobs
of supporting the masses to support the elites, by saying hellow I am with AA, how may a be of assistance today. I know the flight is 3 hours late and you have missed your connection but we appoligize.

Last edited by JDiver; May 12, 2007 at 10:35 am Reason: close quote
Old May 12, 2007, 10:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, zman, I guess MikeTheActuary is the (ConciergeKey) man, and I am not - recipient-wise, anyway. Mike congrats! Speaking for myself, I'd certainly appreciate any reporting of your experiences you'd care to share - these folks will be very busy at ORD and DFW, it would appear.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by MikeTheActuary
I know that this thread has been dormant, but...I got the ConciergeKey package a few days ago, and was checking in here for the first time in a long time to see what the deal was.

And yes, there's a new card and a new phone number.
MikeTheActuary - without necessarily providing any personal info, could you perhaps share with us what it is about your work or whatever that you believe qualified you for the service? (Is it accurate that you're still a Platinum elite?)
Old May 12, 2007, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jakebeth
MikeTheActuary - without necessarily providing any personal info, could you perhaps share with us what it is about your work or whatever that you believe qualified you for the service? (Is it accurate that you're still a Platinum elite?)
Thanks for reminding me that I needed to update my profile. I let my status with AA lapse for a few reasons, including a certain "love" of ORD I developed after a few unplanned overnight stays in Chicago.

As to why I got the card -- I'm not sure. I had initially thought it was AA trying to woo a lapsed elite back. It could be that I have pointy hair and travel with others frequently.

Personally, I think it's a stretch to think of myself as a VIP, but I have been treated well by AA in the past, and they've received a fair amount of business as a result.

It's effective marketing, at least. My next trip, a few of us will be going for a change of scenery at DFW, rather than seeing the same old sights at DTW or ATL.
Old May 12, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, SPG GLD
Cool Got ConciergeKey also

Can say precisely why I got mine. My Fortune 15 company's travel department got an allotment and identified me as one of its frequent AA travelers. I have a feeling the VIP greeters will be sorely disappointed when they find what a schlub they've come to assist.
Old May 12, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
Sounds great but out of my reach .... lowly plat
Old May 12, 2007, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
My step-dad got his conciergekey packet on Tuesday. It seems to be a great sevice! We might use this when we go to the Caribbean and one of our AT7's goes tech in SJU.

Matt
Old May 12, 2007, 11:09 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler
Sounds great but out of my reach .... lowly plat
Originally Posted by MikeTheActuary
As a ConciergeKey customer... You are always welcome to use the premium lanes regardless of your AAdvantage statusor the type of ticket you hold.
Old May 13, 2007, 12:47 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Bostom
Yeah, probably...however, one suspects/knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that the service these "deciders" will get is not the same as is meted out to those of us actually earning said miles...as if it mattered to them...or AA
Someone I know is a VP for a financial services company, and he decides where meetings and events are held. He does a lot of travel to evaluate conference hotels, and of course is always upgraded to presidential suites, treated to special meals, etc. His experience while evaluating a property has no relation to what the rest of the employees will experience. (By the way, his boss was impressed with how much travel he's been doing, and as a bonus gave him and his partner a vacation with a private jet and private villa.)
Old May 13, 2007, 12:59 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by zman
AA has been loosing contracts to UA and others by offering special deals (UA has been providing everyone with elite status and 2x milegae for a year - with elite that means 4x).
It's been frustrating for me to try and stay with AA. My company uses a travel agency that negotiates contracts with two preferred airlines. For more than five years these have been AA and UA. There used to be a roughly 50/50 split between AA and UA flyers, but UA has been offering much lower international business class fares, plus, the UA contract increases the discount we get as they get more of our business. So every year, it gets harder to fly AA. (We need to use the lower fare unless it's pretty close.) Just recently, some of us had to go to Europe, and the UA business fare was ~$3k less than on AA. The only way I could stay on AA was to use an I fare (or coach), which of course can't be upgraded to first. It would be nice if AA got a bit more aggressive and capturing business now being taken by UA.
Old May 13, 2007, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA UA
Not just for travel planners and Fortune XX Execs

I am an EXP (1st time) and just received a ConciergeKey package. I think I received it because I fly almost exclusively paid first class.

As far as the airlines trying to retain business - We are a family of four and when we flew UA (we are ORD based) we were all Premier Execs for the last 5+ years. The most I ever flew with UA in one year was 95,000 miles. I currently have over 1.2 million miles in my UA account and over 2 million miles family wise. We switched to AA because UA started Ted and we couldn't buy 1st to some of our favored destinations. UA has never contacted us in any way to try to retain our business and AA has been rewarded with 3 EXP's and 1 PLT.

Way to go UA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.