Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 2296 ORD-PHL on 3/6/13
Scheduled departure 1:15
Delayed departure #1 @ 2:15 scrubbed & everyone deplaned
Delayed departure #2 @ 3:45 turned into 4:11 after a detour to the penalty box

No PDB

Choice of chicken curry wrap or lemon grass salad w/salmon (FA acknowledged my pre-order of the salad)

No bread basket

Choice of white chocolate chip or double chocolate chip cookie

No mints
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hm500
I flew from LAX to JFK on the 7am flight Tuesday morning, and was completely disappointed with the meal. Instead of offering a proper breakfast, or even lunch, they served a bad excuse for a panini. Of course, there also was no ice cream sundae.

I can understand if they don't have a real breakfast or lunch on a short flight, or even a 3-hour flight in the same time zone... but it was pretty disappointing that they didn't offer anything better on a 5 hour flight where the destination is 3 hours ahead.
It is a breakfast panini which is admittedly not that great but there is also the cereal or oatmeal option with fruit and breakfast breads if your prefer something different. Who has an ice cream sundae with breakfast? Seriously?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:34 am

AA 24
SFO-JFK
7:05AM-3:10PM (sked)
7:29AM-3:19PM (actual)
March 3, 2013
Breakfast
PDB: Water, OJ, and "champagne"

Choice of the breakfast panini or oatmeal.

Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
I flew from LAX to JFK on the 7am flight Tuesday morning, and was completely disappointed with the meal. Instead of offering a proper breakfast, or even lunch, they served a bad excuse for a panini. Of course, there also was no ice cream sundae.

I can understand if they don't have a real breakfast or lunch on a short flight, or even a 3-hour flight in the same time zone... but it was pretty disappointing that they didn't offer anything better on a 5 hour flight where the destination is 3 hours ahead.
I would be disappointed with this too.

Were you on the three class 763? If so were you in F or J if I may ask?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by duckied

763 is two class; domestic F/Y and international J/Y. I think you are referring to the 762.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by duckied

Again, it's a breakfast panini and there is the choice of oatmeal. Both come with fruit and breakfast breads, it's not a lunch/snack service.
SEE ABOVE PICTURE
...and are there that many people who want a sundae on a breakfast flight?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
It's a 7AM 4.5 to 5 hour flight and you arrive around noon California time, what more do you want?
Looks a lot better than the old cheese wiz omelet.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
That pita fauxnini is the most disgusting AA dish I've ever had. I cringe at the thought of ever getting that option.

AA transcon breakfast really is pathetic. It's extremely poor, especially comparing to what AA serves on dinner flights. The recent addition of the fruit & cheese plate in addition to the cookies/fruit cup prior to landing is a nice touch though. Unless, they have since cut the fruit and cheese plate?

If you want a good breakfast on the LAX/SFO-JFK route, fly Delta, hands down. Staggered flat bed. Multi-course brunch with appetizer and hot nuts to start. Snack basket before landing. Amenity kit. ^
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by booji
763 is two class; domestic F/Y and international J/Y. I think you are referring to the 762.
Apologies, of course my mistake!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by F&B767
Again, it's a breakfast panini and there is the choice of oatmeal. Both come with fruit and breakfast breads, it's not a lunch/snack service.
SEE ABOVE PICTURE
I see your point.

But do you think a 'lunch' or 'dinner' panini would be acceptable on the same sector? I think flight departure time is irrelevant. Fares in J/F tend to be the same at breakfast time as they are at dinner time. Have the panini there as an option and great, if you want something 'light' then you will be delighted. For those who want a slightly more substantial offering they should have that option also.

If I left home at 5:30am and that's all I was offered on a 4.5-5 hour transcon I would not be happy - especially given the superior offerings on lunch and dinner flights of the same length on the same route. It's not like you have many pre-dining options in the AC either.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Not sure if it is still done but the sundae was offered on breakfast flights from LAX-HNL.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Who has an ice cream sundae with breakfast? Seriously?
I could easily have AA's sundaes 24/7, no problems what so ever...!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
Domestic First Class Meals

Originally Posted by BStrauss3
It does not look like the basic meals have been changed since the October revision...

http://customers.lsgskychefs.com/psm...0DOM%20OCT.pdf
Any changes to this series of meals? If so could you provide a link?

Also, any pictures of the Cajun Shrimp lunch (SNA-ORD, 15 Mar), or the Chicken with red pepper sauce (ORD-DEN, 15 MAR). I preselected these just now.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
JFK-LAX
First Class
Dinner
March, 2013

9:30PM departure (long delay)

Meal pre-order acknowledged by the semi-attentive FA. So far, meal pre-orders have only worked for me on JFK flights. All other routes = fail

Amuse Bouche
Warm nuts and cheese anti pasto with sundried pepper trio

To Begin
Soy apple marinated beef with potatoes and horseradish cream

From the Salad Cart
Fresh seasonal greens with mushroom and pea salad
chipotle chicken breast topping
creamy ranch or balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Entrees
Filet of beef with merlot sauce
truffled mushrooms, roasted potatoes, and root vegetable medley

Pork tenderloin
with butternut squash, spring vegetables, apple demi-glace

Stuffed Lasagne
spinach, ricotta cheese, and marinara sauce

Dessert

Ice cream sundae
butterscotch, seasonal berries, hot fudge, whipped cream, and nuts

Grand Marnier Fruit Salad

(What happened to the cheese plate? It wasn't offered. Also, FA offered the fresh fruit cup [not the Grand Mariner...different fruit] as a dessert instead of offering it before landing, again. )

Prior to Arrival

Warm cookies

Fresh fruit (not offered)

Last edited by BlissWorld; Mar 11, 2013 at 9:31 am
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:37 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by poppabear
Also, any pictures of the Cajun Shrimp lunch (SNA-ORD, 15 Mar) ...
I wonder if "Cajun Shrimp" is the same as the Shrimp & Grits I had SAN-DFW on March 10? It was probably _THE_ very best meal I've ever had on AA Domestic, bar none, and yes, I'm a Cajun Cuisine expert. I realize that every person doesn't like the same thing ... but if they ever offer you the Shrimp & Grits (the actual choice offered was merely "Shrimp or Chicken?"), go for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.