Thing I found in the bathroom on an AA flight

Subscribe
OK, can somebody tell me what this is? I've seen it on many many flights. It's always on the port side business class bathroom on the 777. I don't know if it's in other bathrooms; I didn't see it in the center bathroom yesterday when I returned from LHR to JFK.

I expected something completely different based on the thread title

Cheers.
Quote: I expected something completely different based on the thread title

Cheers.
Me too!
Someone will probably say it... but wont be me..
Oh, that's the "EJECT" button. I don't recommend pressing it.
It is a camera that turns on automatically when people try to join the mile high club.
is this thread real?
Well at least you were considerate of others.....
and appear to have lifted the seat....
Anybody watched Gold Rush Alaska lately? Jack Hoffman would be in heaven.
A hole for the latch on the baby changing table?
Quote: A hole for the latch on the baby changing table?
That was my first thought, but I don't seem to see baby-changing table on the back wall of the lav in the pic...
Yeah, I was expecting something totally different when I read the thread title. Whew!

I'll guess it's an anchor point for something attached to the other side of the wall.
Quote: It is a camera that turns on automatically when people try to join the mile high club.
So that's how that video got on the internet.....

Part of the smoke detector system?
That's the adapter/connector for something called an "auto-eroticizer," an option on 777's, which AA chose not to install.

To my knowledge the only airline currently using the auto-eroticizer feature on its 777's is Japan Airlines.
Is it just a hole, or is there something in it? It could be a release switch for some of the plastic paneling.