Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Evan!
However I can't make heads or tail out of what will change it from "Not".
It indicates that a website you are visiting participates in the AAdvantage shopping scheme, and will credit miles for purchases.

Try something like http://www.staples.com/ and see if it changes to "Earning".
Old May 31, 2010, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Tried it again before, and it's still there.
mine works, but actually getting the blue banner for a site that I absolutely know is with AA eshopping is not 100%. If I don't get the blue banner, I got in to the site the old way through AA eshopping and signing in.

I want my AA miles!
Old May 31, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
It indicates that a website you are visiting participates in the AAdvantage shopping scheme, and will credit miles for purchases.

Try something like http://www.staples.com/ and see if it changes to "Earning".
Thanks for the tip on store.apple.com and staples.com. But how does that exactly tie in with a search field on the AA toolbar? If I know what URL I want to visit and it happens to be a AA shopping sponsor then great. But what use is the search field? If I place "iphone" in there the results don't show which URLs will earn and which ones won't. Seems like the toolbar search field is just an extra and unhelpful step.

Maybe I am completely missing the benefit. Of this I will plead guilty.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
For those who were not getting credit I just got my first credit. I was already signed in but then went to the "My Account" button and it opened showing my account. I then did my search and clicked on a result and I received the search credit. I was just about to uninstall the bar since I already received my bonus miles.

E
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:04 pm

here is a specific question on shopping with AA. Does anyonw know if you receive miles for the E-Certs from Home Depot?

The new tool bar shows no earning but with Delta nd United malls they say no miles will be earned if you are directed to a third party site from the shopping portal site. This is exactly what happens with the Home Depot E-Certs but I have always received miles from DL and UA. Anyone with firsthand experience? Thanks.

By the way I love the toolbar. I search and I get miles. Easy!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:25 am

Programs: AA ex-Plat
i downloaded the toolbar several times because it always showed up as "corrupted" and won't work. i have emailed customer service to see if there is a work around to fix it for me. anyone else have this problem?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by erenner
I was just about to uninstall the bar since I already received my bonus miles.

E
How quickly did you receive the bonus miles? Mine still haven't posted.

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: aadvantage plt
Can someone please tell me how to delete this toolbar please. Downloaded but didn't see where it saved to, and I don't want it anymore. I didn't find it under the add/remove programs list.

Thanks,
Jen
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by trytoflyhigh
Can someone please tell me how to delete this toolbar please. Downloaded but didn't see where it saved to, and I don't want it anymore. I didn't find it under the add/remove programs list.

Thanks,
Jen
What browser are you using?

On the toolbar to the far right is Help. It takes you to an FAQ page. On this page is:
Q. How do I uninstall the AAdvantage eShopping toolbar?
A. To uninstall, follow these steps: On the AAdvantage eShopping toolbar beside the AAdvantage eShopping logo you'll find a drop down menu arrow. Select AAdvantage eShopping toolbar Admin then select 'uninstall'.

If that doesn't work, you can also uninstall as follows:
To uninstall in Internet Explorer: Go to start -> Program files -> AAdvantage eShopping toolbar -> Uninstall
To uninstall in Firefox: Go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Select the AAdvantage eShopping toolbar and press uninstall
For the record, I see no option from the drop down reading "AAdvantage eShopping toolbar Admin".

Also, I use Firefox and indeed one can go to Tools > Add-ons and uninstall the toolbar.

Last edited by Evan!; Jun 3, 2010 at 10:33 am
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: aadvantage plt
Originally Posted by Evan!
What browser are you using?

On the toolbar to the far right is Help. It takes you to an FAQ page. On this page is:
Q. How do I uninstall the AAdvantage eShopping toolbar?
A. To uninstall, follow these steps: On the AAdvantage eShopping toolbar beside the AAdvantage eShopping logo you'll find a drop down menu arrow. Select AAdvantage eShopping toolbar Admin then select 'uninstall'.

If that doesn't work, you can also uninstall as follows:
To uninstall in Internet Explorer: Go to start -> Program files -> AAdvantage eShopping toolbar -> Uninstall
To uninstall in Firefox: Go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Select the AAdvantage eShopping toolbar and press uninstall
Got it, thank you!

For the record, I see no option from the drop down reading "AAdvantage eShopping toolbar Admin".

Also, I use Firefox and indeed one can go to Tools > Add-ons and uninstall the toolbar.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: aadvantage, delta, continental
aadvantage toolbar?

Hello, I have an idiot question! When searching using the aadvantage toolbar, how do i know which retailers are the correct retailers...(the ones which earn you miles!) And, second, you know your an official FT-er when you set one button on your keyboard to automaticly direct you to this forum!

Jordan
Old Jun 6, 2010, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by jordanen
Hello, I have an idiot question! When searching using the aadvantage toolbar, how do i know which retailers are the correct retailers...(the ones which earn you miles!)
It's not easy. The toolbar will highlight websites where you'll earn miles when you visit them, but doesn't highlight them in searches etc.

Instead you'd have to use the Aadvantage eShopping portal to find stores where you'll earn points.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
I don't know about you guys but this "Toolbar" worked great for me.

EVERY single search I put in generated a valid search. Everything from "Dell" IBM" "Ford" "Mercury" "computer" "keyboard" "La Jolla" "Pacific Beach" "Heart Logistics"

Everything qualified.

I've maxed out my mile generating searches already.

Sure doesn't seem like it has to relate to an AA eshopping vendor.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PLT,HH-PLT
as well as free miles each month!!! So long google and hello miles!!! yea, i know 100 per month for that many searches is cheap, but not bad for nothing!!!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:50 am

Programs: AA, NWA, MM
Originally Posted by erenner
I was just about to uninstall the bar since I already received my bonus miles.
E
Originally Posted by jabrams72
How quickly did you receive the bonus miles? Mine still haven't posted.
Thanks
I would also be interested in knowing. when did u install it and when did u receive the bonus? it's been a few days for me and still nothing..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.