Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Note: this thread is an archive of older and obsolete posts regarding the AA lounge at GRU – Aeroporto Internacional de São Paulo in at São Paulo, Brazil.

For the current thread on the new oneworld lounge in GRU Terminal 3, please see:
NEW (2014) GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Two prong European plugs (and most other round prong plugs, including old Brazilian ones) will fit the new three prong Brazilian wall outlets; most three prong plugs (except the new Brazilian ones) will not fit the new Brazilian three prong outlets.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:01 am
HMO

Originally Posted by ajnaro
Two prong European plugs (and most other round prong plugs, including old Brazilian ones) will fit the new three prong Brazilian wall outlets; most three prong plugs (except the new Brazilian ones) will not fit the new Brazilian three prong outlets.
Neither EU has one single standard for the 3rd. prong:
  • In Italy it sits in line with the other two,
  • At Switzerland it is dislocated like the Brazilian (but not the same dislocation...),
  • In France the ground prong was at the outlet (not at the plug),
  • In Germany there are two prongs and the ground is located at the border of the round plug...

Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Just got an email from the Admirals Club and it had information regarding GRU:

GRU Admirals Club

This club will close temporarily December 1 as we build a new club in Terminal 3 in 2015. During the interim, please visit the Executive Lounge in Terminal 3 managed by Guarulhos International Airport.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:27 am

São paulo (gru) admirals club

(Since the ACs are now a merged entity I'm going to post it here in this room)

Has anyone frequented the lounge in GRU recently at the new terminal (3)? I know they closed the one at T2 and they are using a third party vendor in the mean time. Are there AA agents working the temp club? And are they really building a new one?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:19 am

Why would an AC post be moved to the PC forum? ACs are now system wide for US and AA.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
(Since the ACs are now a merged entity I'm going to post it here in this room)

Has anyone frequented the lounge in GRU recently at the new terminal (3)? I know they closed the one at T2 and they are using a third party vendor in the mean time. Are there AA agents working the temp club? And are they really building a new one?
Was there Saturday 02/21. No AC yet, they're using the TAM/LAN lounge as well as the GRU Lounge. Both had some bites and an ok drink selection. Plenty of seating and surprisingly nice restrooms on the JJ lounge.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:49 pm

Which lounge do you recommend?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Note: this thread is an archive of older and obsolete posts regarding the AA lounge at GRU – Aeroporto Internacional de São Paulo in at São Paulo, Brazil.

For the current thread on the new oneworld lounge in GRU Terminal 3, please see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Older and obsolete posts regarding the old GRU AA lounge facility have been archived; they can be read at: ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

As the facility serves AA/ US and will be serving the "new" consolidated American Airlines, it will relocate to the American Airlines | AAdvantage (Combined Airlines and Programs forum.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 23, 2015 at 7:21 pm
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Which lounge do you recommend?
IMO, they're not that far apart. I'd give a slight edge to the Tam lounge. It's bright, plenty of comfortable seating, some views of the terminal below, showers, cool restrooms...

The GRU Club is pretty open, though a weird layout. There are quasi-separate seating areas throughout. It's a bit darker and smaller. I tried the salad and it was tasty, they had some warm food there as well.

In the end, they're about 100 feet from each other, so easy to visit both and choose the one you like better.

There's also a GRU First Class lounge right in front of the Tam lounge. It looked nice, comfortable, private. But I'm not sure what's the deal, it seemed open (TV monitors were on, lights were on, I could see nice booze in the counter), there was no one there and the automatic doors wouldn't open.

To get to either lounge, just go up the escalators immediately after passport control.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:39 am

GRU Lounge

Right now the lounge is at T3 but the AA agent at GRU. It's not an AC per se, but a generic lounge. The gate agent at GRU told me the other day that they are building a new AC back in T2. Not sure if it's true, but it would seem like the right idea.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, HG Gold
Originally Posted by NYbarna
The gate agent at GRU told me the other day that they are building a new AC back in T2. Not sure if it's true, but it would seem like the right idea.
As per aa.com:
The GRU Admirals Club closed temporarily as we build a new club in Terminal 3 in 2015.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:55 am

Anyone heard or seen any progress on the new club?
Old May 7, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Just checked in at GRU. At checkin, I was told either August or October (the accent was thick, so didn't ask her to repeat).

Easier to use the Latam (Lan/Tam) club just inside security and they also call all AA flights in portugese and and english over the tannoy.)

/BM
Old May 7, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
From a comment about since the AC was in Brazil, that they said 2015 but it will be 2016 until it is open, with the experience of the World Cup Stadium, more like they will open the AC in 2015, but it won't be finished until 2016. ;-)

/BM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.