Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Note: this thread is an archive of older and obsolete posts regarding the AA lounge at GRU – Aeroporto Internacional de São Paulo in at São Paulo, Brazil.

For the current thread on the new oneworld lounge in GRU Terminal 3, please see:
NEW (2014) GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 4:42 pm
Original Poster
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

I am going to be flying to GRU and will make PLAT on the outbound flight, and I want to use the AC in GRU, will they let me in without a PLAT-ELITE-CARD even if my Online Account may already say im PLAT??

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATORS' NOTE

From aa.com (updated Dec 2010)

Location: Terminal 2, Mezzanine level of Wing D after Passport Control.
*As required by Customs and Immigration authorities, only departing, ticketed passengers are permitted access.

Hours: Daily 05:45 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. (but some have reported later)

For a couple photos of the GRU Admirals Club, see RyanG's Trip Report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...lots-pics.html

Member 3544quebec says "...there is a Fast Sleep facility landside where you can pay...for a shower." (BRL 67 +5% / USD $33~ May 2013 for one hour for cabin and shower, and though the website does not list the amount, a shower can be purchased separately).

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; May 27, 2013 at 10:29 pm Reason: add Fast Sleep link
Old Oct 30, 2006, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2 MM)
Originally Posted by koje581
I am going to be flying to GRU and will make PLAT on the outbound flight, and I want to use the AC in GRU, will they let me in without a PLAT-ELITE-CARD even if my Online Account may already say im PLAT??

Thanks.
Yes, I'm pretty sure they will.

1) They can easily find your current status on the system -- as long as your qualifying flights have posted and you have really become PLT.

2) Common consensus on FT is that if you "refresh" your AAdvantage number on the reservation then the boarding card will reflect your current status. This is done by removing and re-entering the number on the reservation (by an agent, of course).

Good luck!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 5:30 pm

If you dont get in (Im pretty sure you will) you really arent missing much.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 9:31 pm
Original Poster
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
EZE or GRU

So GRU isn't Much?? Hows the AC at EZE, any better?
Old Oct 30, 2006, 9:33 pm

Programs: PSA, Air Cal, Tarom Glam Miles (pre-devaluation)
Unless they've renovated it recently, it's even smaller. (But they did get me out of a big jam, once, so go porteños)
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:32 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
In both places the AC's sure beat sitting in the terminal, but they are nothing special. No showers as far as I remember.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
Originally Posted by muddy
If you dont get in (Im pretty sure you will) you really arent missing much.
you really won't miss much... until you have to wait for your flight in the terminal... then you'll miss it!
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
There is a big sign outside saying that the lounge is open till 10:30pm, so at 10:45 I nearly went away. When I went in, they said that they were open till midnight!

I don't see the point of advertising opening times if they are wrong?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:58 am

I actually like the EZE AC better. It has internet access that works. The GRU AC claims to have wireless access, but I havent been able to make it work. GRU has no public computers, EZE does. Work areas seemed nicer to me in EZE.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
GRU AC wireless worked for me a couple of days ago.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by gabrielbf
you really won't miss much... until you have to wait for your flight in the terminal... then you'll miss it!
Admittedly, Im not much of an AC fan to begin with. Even putting that aside, the GRU AC still isnt much compared to other ACs around the world.

Honestly, many times I bypass the GRU AC altogether and spend a few bucks (around $25 USD I think) for a nice massage down in the terminal. If there is time after that I usually go back up to the AC if I feel like a drink (free) .
Old Oct 31, 2006, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
The GRU club did have one or two computer internet terminals working the last time I was there. They also have rooms with a shower logo on the door, but I've never actually tried looking inside. Unfortunately, there are no other oneworld lounges in the same terminal, so it's either the AC or nothing at all.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
I'm pretty sure they'll let you in as the AC staff are particularly friendly there. I spent 3 nights running there in July and by the end even the cleaner was saying hello. I've found the male supervisor to be quite knowledgeable for sorting out rerouting etc. and good at acknowledging assistance from pax. ^

There is no shower (unlike at GIG) which doesn't make much sense given pax transit thru GRU rather than GRU. However it's quiet albeit a little dated but has free booze, some salami/cheese snacks in the evening and is far better than sitting in the terminal.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
Originally Posted by muddy
I actually like the EZE AC better. It has internet access that works.
Was there last Saturday for three hours, the wireless was not working at all. But I do agree that connectivity is much better at EZE AC than GRU AC...
Old Oct 31, 2006, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by gabrielbf
Was there last Saturday for three hours, the wireless was not working at all. But I do agree that connectivity is much better at EZE AC than GRU AC...
A "plan B" for internet access at EZE is the ARNET cards they sell in the terminal area. There is good ARNET wireless reception in both the terminals and the AC. It is kind of expensive, though, at 30 pesos (~$10 USD) for 2 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.