Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club "State of the Soup" & Food Issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond

So the question is or maybe was, if they did it recently, will CLT now AC, keep the extra real food they have in the evening when the Lufthansa flight leaves or drop down to AC standards?

The cheese was a unique offering along with the soup and salsa.

I guess the cheese will still be there since it is now an AC staple, but what about the soup and salsa??

Will it stay? Or is it already gone?

Anyone know or at least here something on this? I have not been there in a few months.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

"No soup for you" will the new/old CLT AC drop the Goodies in the merge??

So the question is or maybe was, if they did it recently, will CLT now AC, keep the extra real food they have in the evening when the Lufthansa flight leaves or drop down to AC standards?

I guess the cheese will still be there since it is now an AC staple, but what about the soup and salsa??

Anyone know or at least here something on this? I have not been there in a few months.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x

None of this is unique to CLT US Club.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
There was soup in both CLT & PHX on Monday
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Ahh I see. Ive only been to the CLT club. So again will it stay with the AC rebrand?
Or will it phase out. The clubs seem to be fairly close to a complete merge now. They even take each other day passes.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
No word yet on complimentary food that will be permanently served in all ACs. But I see the AC food likely surviving. Believe it or not it used to be even less than what the ACs have now.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
No word yet on complimentary food that will be permanently served in all ACs. But I see the AC food likely surviving. Believe it or not it used to be even less than what the ACs have now.
They are getting stiffer competition with the Centurion Lounges popping up in AA hubs and Delta's recent announcement of more hearty offerings. So hopefully this will mean improvement rather than deterioration.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I was in the PHL AC- the actual AC (tiny one by the A gates- not a PMUS Club), and at 4:00pm they also had the soup out the other day. This makes me think the soup may be a new addition across the board- at least I hope so.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
AA doesn't put out sandwiches to impress Lufthansa. Lufthansa pays for that catering, and it will be put out as long as Lufthansa keeps paying.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546
AA doesn't put out sandwiches to impress Lufthansa. Lufthansa pays for that catering, and it will be put out as long as Lufthansa keeps paying.
I have never seen evening sandwiches at either of the two clubs in CLT. Where would they be located?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Ahh I see. Ive only been to the CLT club. So again will it stay with the AC rebrand?
Or will it phase out. The clubs seem to be fairly close to a complete merge now. They even take each other day passes.
All of the communications to Club members has referenced a "late Fall" or "later this year" change to sync up Club amenities. Whatever the new catering looks like, we should be seeing it soon... They outlined the branding would be done first, then they would match up the service.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:57 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Speedracer2
I have never seen evening sandwiches at either of the two clubs in CLT. Where would they be located?
At the bar there's a menu with very limited items. But they're not free.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Speedracer2
They are getting stiffer competition with the Centurion Lounges popping up in AA hubs and Delta's recent announcement of more hearty offerings. So hopefully this will mean improvement rather than deterioration.
Having experienced DL's club 'enhancements' I've found they're quite marginal at best. Certainly nothing worth trying to compete over IMO. Centurion Lounges on the other hand will definitely be more of a problem for AA IMO. I have already decided against renewal when my membership expires in late March and the Centurion Lounge is major part of that.

The PHL AC has soup, but I imagine that's handled and catered mainly by US since all of the offerings resemble US clubs rather than ACs.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
At the bar there's a menu with very limited items. But they're not free.
That's available in all US Airways Clubs and not due to Lufthansa.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Who cares it's cheap processed soup and isn't vegetarian so I wouldn't eat it. The CLT clubs are dumpy compared to AA clubs, I visit the AC for a quiet place to work as relax before or between flights not to dine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.