Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club "State of the Soup" & Food Issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club "State of the Soup" & Food Issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
at DFW there was the pumpkin soup and some vegetarian one and they both looked awful. i want my damn meat lol
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:41 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Had it for the first time yesterday...and my first thought was that it was just begging to be ladled over a nice split buttermilk biscuit. And to be clear, having been born and raised in the South, that's a high compliment.
That's brilliant! (I wasn't born in the South, but I was raised there. I may just have to grab a biscuit from Popeye's next time and make my own biscuits and gravy in the lounge. )
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:20 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Current favorite concoction: 1/3 roasted tomato bisque, 2/3 parmesan kale sausage; top with some pita chip bits at the bottom of the bowl.

Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
can't wait for the pumpkin soup to go away!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Can someone remind me what time soup is typically put out? I can't remember if it's at lunch or shortly after.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by adambrock
Can someone remind me what time soup is typically put out? I can't remember if it's at lunch or shortly after.
Last week, at the MIA gate D30 club, it was approximately 11:00, but it seemed a bit "evolutionary" - people were still trying to grab the marble loaf and fruit salad while the staff were trying to put out the soup, veggies etc. Amusing. For a minute.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by adambrock
i can vouch for the 1045-1115am timeframe as well. You dont really see that messy fruit plate disappear until 1130am in my experience though.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
get rid of the pumpkin soup! yuck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.