Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (2013-2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
[I]

Some AAdvantage elite members have been able to get 500 mile upgrade "stickers" pro-rata for missing 10,000 mile thresholds prior to reaching midnight the last day of February (when the MTEU counter resets) by contacting AAdvantage Customer Service ('phone or e-mail). Read on to learn of member's success, etc. In 2014.

Older posts can be found at: End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (ARCHIVED)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (2013-2014)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by shyam99
This thread reminds me one of the nicer things about being a former US elite was not having to play the silly 500 mile upgrade game and everyone that had elite status got complimentary upgrades based on the pecking order. However, the in-flight experience as an AA elite is so much better, but the upgrade experience and it's mechanisms is much better with US.
I'm going to have to disagree with you wholeheartedly. The AA system is not silly at all, and much better than the UDU that the other airlines have.

A low or mid tier elite is much more likely to get an upgrade on AA than on UA/US/DL as you have less people to compete with. Sure, it (can) cost(s) you something, but your chances of upgrading are higher since not everyone will be applying for upgrades.

When I was still a GLD I had a 100% upgrade rate (on flights I requested). Try that on the other carriers, won't happen.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:44 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by Djokison
I'm going to have to disagree with you wholeheartedly. The AA system is not silly at all, and much better than the UDU that the other airlines have.

A low or mid tier elite is much more likely to get an upgrade on AA than on UA/US/DL as you have less people to compete with. Sure, it (can) cost(s) you something, but your chances of upgrading are higher since not everyone will be applying for upgrades.

When I was still a GLD I had a 100% upgrade rate (on flights I requested). Try that on the other carriers, won't happen.
+1
The changeover from 500 milers to UDU was the worst thing to happen to the UA upgrade program.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
500 stickers granted by CS

Can anyone see them on their browser or phone apps? I still can not see any on browsers and can see my previous amount on my iphone.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Had to call AAdvantage today to clear up a couple of minor issues with account and at end of call mentioned that I had a little over 6K miles toward next 500 milers before the counter reset on 3/1, would they be able to grant me a couple of them? Very nice AAgent apologized that they couldn't give me 4 but said they would be happy to give me 2 complimentary stickers. No mention of "one time" exception. She also mentioned that my new total would be 8, though it really should only be 6 since I used a bunch last month for DFW-HNL upgrades for my wife and I.

I appreciate the flexibility AA has shown with these; a couple stickers isn't a huge deal but it does communicate value to me.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
I was 2600 miles away from next batch of stickers. I submitted my request through AA website last night. Today I got a call from AA. I thought great.

But what a disappointment! She said she can offer none.

However, she can hook me up with someone at Citi who is offering 100K for a new credit card!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I didn't think you could use them for travel to Hawaii.

Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
Had to call AAdvantage today to clear up a couple of minor issues with account and at end of call mentioned that I had a little over 6K miles toward next 500 milers before the counter reset on 3/1, would they be able to grant me a couple of them? Very nice AAgent apologized that they couldn't give me 4 but said they would be happy to give me 2 complimentary stickers. No mention of "one time" exception. She also mentioned that my new total would be 8, though it really should only be 6 since I used a bunch last month for DFW-HNL upgrades for my wife and I.

I appreciate the flexibility AA has shown with these; a couple stickers isn't a huge deal but it does communicate value to me.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by texdoc
Originally Posted by AA.com
500-mile upgrades allow you to upgrade from Economy Class to the next class of service for travel on American Airlines or American Eagle:

Within and between the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, The Bahamas and Bermuda
Between the U.S. and Central America
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by texdoc
I can and have.

I was at 9900 miles when it reset. The agent I spoke with declined to credit me with any upgrades, because I didn't have any upcoming revenue tickets booked. (several mileage tickets, but no paid flights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.