Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Shopping - College Bound Institute

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:32 am
Original Poster

AAdvantage Shopping - College Bound Institute

Hi all. I've been a lurker for a little while but haven't had anything new to bring to the table until now. I can't find any info about this offer found in the AAdvantage Shopping portal but if it is legit then it would be a great deal. Supposedly you can use a registered credit/debit card to make a donation of $2 via the College Bound Institute website and then get the credit for 1100 miles. Would that really count the same as an in-store purchase (or donation in this case)? Is this too good to be true?

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/..._.htm?mid=3956
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
It looks OK, but as there are no participating stores within hundreds of miles of my home, I won't be trying it out.

So what's the worst that can happen? You waste a couple bucks!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by guinb
Supposedly you can use a registered credit/debit card to make a donation of $2 via the College Bound Institute website and then get the credit for 1100 miles.?
The only payment/donation links I can get to on their website use Paypal. How would the credit card info even get back to AA for them to be able to credit you with the miles?

I think you would have to go to one of their locations for this to work. In that case, would they even accept a donation by credit card in person?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Once I saw that it redirected to PayPal I kind of figured that it wouldn't work. I'm not in Miami so I have no idea about an in person donation. Oh well.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
does anyone think this would work with multiple donations? i.e., 100 donations of $1.01 would supposedly net you 110k AAdvantage miles...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
does anyone think this would work with multiple donations? i.e., 100 donations of $1.01 would supposedly net you 110k AAdvantage miles...
doubtful. but try and let us know I'd start with 2 though instead of 100.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:22 pm

anyone got updates?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:36 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
I heard from customer service:

Unfortunately, this offer was an in store offer only, with participating stores in your area using a registered card.

It was not an online offer.

I can see in the attachment you send to me, when you searched, there were no stores listed where you could make the donation to earn the miles.

At this time I will not be able to reward the the expected miles.
It was a gamble, and my wager of $1.05 was just a non-winning lotto ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.