Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

*G Benefits booking NH code operated by Starflyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K

I'm looking at a flight HND-KIX booked through NH as an NH coded flight operated by Starflyer. Searching seems to turn up that the flight will earn miles on NH, UA, etc. as any normal NH flight would (which is typically not the case with codeshares) but I don't see anything if other *G benefits still apply.

My primary concern is luggage allowance since NH domestic is a bit stingy (20kg), will I still get my extra +20kg allowance as a *G member? The other question is about lounge access, would I still be able to access the NH lounge at HND on this ticket?

I know, people will think just reduce luggage weight for a short flight, but unfortunately that isn't possible. This will be the first leg in a bigger trip but on separate tickets since I couldn't get an acceptable flight out of Tokyo directly. I'm carrying my diving gear in my checked luggage and that suitcase weighs in at 24-25kg with my gear and week's clothes together. I have shaved it down to like 19.8kg before by shifting clothes and other misc smaller gear into a separate bag but that's going to be challenging on this trip... would prefer just to have the 40kg allowance and really don't want to fly into Itami just to stay on NH metal.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I'm looking at a flight HND-KIX booked through NH as an NH coded flight operated by Starflyer. Searching seems to turn up that the flight will earn miles on NH, UA, etc. as any normal NH flight would (which is typically not the case with codeshares) but I don't see anything if other *G benefits still apply.

My primary concern is luggage allowance since NH domestic is a bit stingy (20kg), will I still get my extra +20kg allowance as a *G member? The other question is about lounge access, would I still be able to access the NH lounge at HND on this ticket?
ANA code share on Starflyer or AirDo is a bit different to normal *A code shares. It basically works exactly as if you are travelling on ANA.
You can check in at an ANA desk and get *G luggage allowance.
You can use the premium check in area and premium security.
You can use the NH lounge.
You don't get is priority boarding on AirDo, not sure about Starflyer.
IIRC ANA premium members also can get extra legroom seats allocated, not sure if applies to general *G.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BalbC
ANA code share on Starflyer or AirDo is a bit different to normal *A code shares. It basically works exactly as if you are travelling on ANA.
IIRC ANA premium members also can get extra legroom seats allocated, not sure if applies to general *G.
Sounds good, thanks for the info. Flight timing isn't exactly ideal but sure beats trekking to KIX from ITM or Shin Osaka. Will just have to get to the boarding gate from the lounger earlier than I usually would if there's no priority boarding. I don't really expect overhead bin issues in Japan but during holiday periods you never know.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Sounds good, thanks for the info. Flight timing isn't exactly ideal but sure beats trekking to KIX from ITM or Shin Osaka. Will just have to get to the boarding gate from the lounger earlier than I usually would if there's no priority boarding. I don't really expect overhead bin issues in Japan but during holiday periods you never know.
I wouldn't worry about that.. at HND StarFlyer is, I'm pretty sure, exclusively bus gates. So positioning on the bus will matter more.

But I have never, ever, had a problem with bin space on a Japan flight, except for those leaving Sapporo in the winter... with everyone's jackets and giant bags of omiyage.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hamburgler
I wouldn't worry about that.. at HND StarFlyer is, I'm pretty sure, exclusively bus gates. So positioning on the bus will matter more.

But I have never, ever, had a problem with bin space on a Japan flight, except for those leaving Sapporo in the winter... with everyone's jackets and giant bags of omiyage.
Ah, bus gates, the bane of my existence. LOL... I've got a 50% chance of correctly guessing which side they'll approach the aircraft (or terminal if on arrival) and somehow I manage to get this wrong nearly every single time. Even at airports like PEK where I have had to use busses a fair number of times I still can't get it right. Best I can manage is just try to be inline with the door rather than the middle of the bus.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:40 am

Just did a HND-KIX return flight a couple of days ago. You will get an A320 fitted with 150 leather seats with generous pitch for every passenger, à la JBU which sure beats any of the 737 that you would get on a NH flight. Bin space will not be an issue as the A320 bins are much bigger than on the 737.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: UA 1K
Can anyone confirm that the *A benefits still apply on an NH codeshare operated by StarFlyer?

Only think I did find was this information from 2014

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.