Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

AZ pax can use EY LHR lounge [no longer available for AZ passengers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ pax can use EY LHR lounge [no longer available for AZ passengers]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Not sure if it still applies, as I no longer use KL for my trips to LHR and therefore haven't been in the Skyteam lounge there for a few years, but there is an upstairs area the same size as the downstairs area that many people apparently don't know about [the stairs are to the right before you reach the entrance desk]. Upstairs was often a haven of solitude even when the downstairs area was busy, back when the lounge was still (relatively) new. But by now there are probably enough regulars that know about the upstairs area.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Not sure if it still applies, as I no longer use KL for my trips to LHR and therefore haven't been in the Skyteam lounge there for a few years, but there is an upstairs area the same size as the downstairs area that many people apparently don't know about [the stairs are to the right before you reach the entrance desk]. Upstairs was often a haven of solitude even when the downstairs area was busy, back when the lounge was still (relatively) new. But by now there are probably enough regulars that know about the upstairs area.
I've noticed that the upstairs area is (still) usually quieter as opposed to the main area downstairs. Funny how the lounge receptionists normally mention this to passengers, even though most people would still proceed straight ahead (probably just a can't be arsed thing).

G
Old May 11, 2017, 10:31 am

No longer a perk, it seems (and apologies if somebody has already mentioned this). I've just tried to access the EY lounge at LHR only to be told by the attendant that there's been a change in policy and that Alitalia passengers will have to use the Sky Team lounge upstairs.

G
Old May 11, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps this thread would have been more appropriate?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...ecember-2.html

There have been changes along the line in who can and cannot use the EY lounge at LHR; your post is ambiguous. Do you mean that no AZ passengers can now use the EY lounge under any circumstance (i.e. no combination of status and cabin class is good enough) or are you referring solely to your (unspecified) combination of circumstances? (It's clear you were travelling on AZ, though - and this thread is for Millemiglia access to EY lounges when travelling on EY metal)

(It had been reported last August that Club Freccia Alata Plus customers in Y no longer had access to the EY lounge)
Old May 11, 2017, 10:58 am

Just to clarify and give a more accurate statement, I was trying to access with a business class ticket but the attendant didn't even look at it and went literally "There's been a change in policy meaning that all Alitalia passengers will only be able to use the lounge upstairs". Not good!

G

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 30, 2017 at 6:45 am Reason: Redundant text removed after merge
Old May 27, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
LHR - EY Lounge No Longrr Available for AZ Passengers

I am currently at London Heathrow waiting for my Alitalia flight to Rome. I am travelling business class, and was reminded at checkin that I can use the EY lounge instead of the usual Skyteam facility. However, the very friendly staff at the EY lounge informed me that EY no longer accepted guests who were travelling with Alitalia in business class, and the only lounge available is now One of them retorted that EY and AZ were going their separate ways...

I politely reminded them to inform staff in the check-in zone, who clearly were not aware of this change.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:30 am

I did report it a couple of weeks ago (Lounge access on Etihad with Alata/Alata Plus - see last page) but sad news indeed!

G
Old May 27, 2017, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It sounds like even their main investor and partner is losing faith in their ability to pay back lounge access fees. Or would it simply be a matter of the Skyteam lounge being cheaper?
Old May 27, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
I suspect EY are distancing themselves.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
main investor and partner
Partner only

G
Old May 27, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Partner only
You mean, since they lost all of the money they put into Alitalia they no longer count as investors?
Old May 28, 2017, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
You mean, since they lost all of the money they put into Alitalia they no longer count as investors?
That is certainly amongst the reasons why they are now merely classed as partners

G
Old May 30, 2017, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
It sounds like even their main investor and partner is losing faith in their ability to pay back lounge access fees. Or would it simply be a matter of the Skyteam lounge being cheaper?
It's not even a matter of money - it's simply that Alitalia passengers, as a Skyteam airline, are entitled to use the Skyteam lounge, and the Skyteam lounge is the "natural" option for Alitalia.

That Etihad temporarily offered an "add-on" that allowed certain AZ passengers (dependent on class, and originally also dependent on status) to access the Etihad lounge was simply a discretionary measure made by Etihad.

There is nothing that compels Etihad to offer EY Lounge Access to AZ passengers, and they have now stopped doing so.

(Remember, EY don't even allow all their own passengers entitled to lounge access to use the EY lounges at AUH).
Old May 30, 2017, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLouis
Technically, EY still owns 49% (or whatever actual figure it is) of Alitalia.

Even if a buyer was found, there is no way they would recoup their investment. Their share of the liquidated assets will also come nowhere near to the amount they invested, should AZ be wound down.
Old May 31, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It's not even a matter of money - it's simply that Alitalia passengers, as a Skyteam airline, are entitled to use the Skyteam lounge, and the Skyteam lounge is the "natural" option for Alitalia.
But as that has been the case long before EY had their lounge at LHR, it doesn't explain the decision to withdraw access from AZ passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.