Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access on Etihad with Alata/Alata Plus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access on Etihad with Alata/Alata Plus

Hi,

Recently been given Alata Plus status match from the current promotion, and will be flying on Etihad economy.

Alitalia have confirmed reciprocal benefits from 1st May when travelling on Etihad -

http://www.alitalia.com/en_en/millem...irways_partner

Which confirms lounge access for Alata and Alata Plus members into Etihad owned lounges (Abu Dhabi, Washington DC, Paris, Frankfurt, Heathrow, Manchester, Sydney, Dublin).

So this mean no access to Etihad partner lounges in other locations when travelling on Etihad economy with Alata status?

Thanks for any clarification!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by macslartie
Which confirms lounge access for Alata and Alata Plus members into Etihad owned lounges (Abu Dhabi, Washington DC, Paris, Frankfurt, Heathrow, Manchester, Sydney, Dublin).

So this mean no access to Etihad partner lounges in other locations when travelling on Etihad economy with Alata status?
With your FA/FAPlus status, and when you are flying Etihad economy, you can access the following lounges:

Etihad lounges: Dublin, Frankfurt, London Heathrow, Manchester, Paris, Sydney, Washington DC only. NOT ABU DHABI
Alitalia lounges: Milan, Rome
Al Reem lounge: Abu Dhabi

The Etihad First & Business lounges in Abu Dhabi are only open to passengers travelling in First or Business Class on Etihad flights, or to Etihad Guest Platinum status members travelling in Economy.

All other status customers - including Etihad's own Gold and Silver card holders - must use the Al Reem lounge at Abu Dhabi
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The Etihad First & Business lounges in Abu Dhabi are only open to passengers travelling in First or Business Class on Etihad flights, or to Etihad Guest Platinum status members travelling in Economy.

All other status customers - including Etihad's own Gold and Silver card holders - must use the Al Reem lounge at Abu Dhabi
Hi irishguy28,

Thanks for clearing that up. I hadn't realised that was a different lounge in AUH unless you're actually flying business or first.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AUH is so overcrowded these days; although the new Premium lounge reopened only a few weeks ago in T1, they are still enforcing the rule that only First and Business pax (with the exception of Etihad Guest Platinum passengers travelling in Economy - and I guess there probably are not many Platinums travelling in Economy!) can use the Etihad lounges.

Hopefully, when the midfield terminal opens (in many, many years ) then all status customers - even of partners - will have access to the new Etihad lounges contained therein.

Don't get your hopes up. The Al Reem lounge is not worth getting excited about. But still, it's better than the crowds outside!!!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:37 am

i've similar question, I got Alata Plus, and going to take EY flight from NRT and SGN, what airport lounge i could access? Alitalia partner (SKYTEAM) or EY partner (ANA in NRT???), thanks...
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josewu
i've similar question, I got Alata Plus, and going to take EY flight from NRT and SGN, what airport lounge i could access? Alitalia partner (SKYTEAM) or EY partner (ANA in NRT???), thanks...
You won't have access to any lounge.

To access Skyteam lounges, you must be flying on a Skyteam flight.

When flying in economy on Etihad, the lounges to which you have access with Alitalia status have been listed above. They are all lounges operated by Etihad or Alitalia. The only third-party lounge anywhere in the world you can access with AZ status when travelling on Etihad is the Al-Reem lounge in Abu Dhabi.

This goes for all further "which lounge do I get with my AZ card when travelling on Etihad in economy?" questions.

The list is above. There are no other exceptions.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: TK*G, KL, AB
I have Freccia Alata Plus status. Will be flying on Air Seychelles Y from Paris to Victoria. I should have access to the Etihad lounge at CDG, but does anyone know if I can bring a guest with me? The guest is also flying on HM.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Myyra
I have Freccia Alata Plus status. Will be flying on Air Seychelles Y from Paris to Victoria. I should have access to the Etihad lounge at CDG, but does anyone know if I can bring a guest with me? The guest is also flying on HM.
This is not specified anywhere, but it should be that way. Let us know when you find out :-)
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by raistlin
This is not specified anywhere, but it should be that way. Let us know when you find out :-)
I will post my experience, but I'm hoping someone has already tried this, so I can modify expectations accordingly.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:11 pm

I will post my experience, but I'm hoping someone has already tried this, so I can modify expectations accordingly.
I'm back. No problem bringing a guest to the Etihad lounge with Freccia Alata for an Air Seychelles flight, though it took a little convincing that both AZ and HM are Etihad partners.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
I'm back. No problem bringing a guest to the Etihad lounge with Freccia Alata for an Air Seychelles flight, though it took a little convincing that both AZ and HM are Etihad partners.
Am I missing something here? How did you get lounge access at CDG, as according to this, you only have access at the Seychelles:

http://www.alitalia.com/en_en/millem...eychelles.html
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It shouldn't have happened, but the EY lounge agent was clearly uncertain enough to err on the side of caution.

This should not be taken as a precedent or indicating that all economy HM passengers will now be accepted at the EY lounge in CDG when showing an AZ status card.

Perhaps if EY ever gets around to actually creating a true alliance amongst its partners these sort of "surprises" will no longer happen - but EY seems to prefer to keep things on a stricly bilateral basis. In the Etihad Airways Partner grouping, if you bring a third airline into the equation (ie: status on carrier 1, metal provided by carrier 2, lounge provided by carrier 3) you are SOL and not entitled to lounge access.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
There's no access to AUH's EY arrival lounge with a AZ ticket (business) and CFA... The lounge dragon said, access only for EY customers...
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
It would be good to know if a guest is allowed into the listed Etihad lounges when travelling in Etihad economy as an Alata / Alata plus card holder
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:14 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Can I ask you to stop my eyes from bleeding and call it FRECCIA ALATA (winged arrow) and not giust ALATA?

Thanks from the bottom of my heart :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.