Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new to MM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
new to MM

Hi,

I just opened an account and transferred some points from MR. I'm planning to use them for SFO-TLV in J (preferably on DL, and will not mind AF/KL as long as fuel surcharge is low).
Also planning to use SFO-PPT on DL/AF (Y is ok)
and SFO - AMS/DUS on DL or KL or AF in J class.
Is it possible?
Also how do I see points expiration?
All I see on MM website is Status expiration on 31/03/2017. What does this mean?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Every award except on AZ, you have to book by telephone. There are reports that DL awards were not bookable. Try your luck and I wish you much fun with their Albanian call center where calls withing the US will be transferred .

The AZ MM Programm resets every few years. It is due since about a year and has been extended until 31.DEC.17. More information here: Validity of MilleMiglia program extended until 31 December 2017
Don't know the rules, if you transfer miles and don't fly AZ...

Why did you choose AZ MM if you don't want to spend the miles on AZ?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Every award except on AZ, you have to book by telephone. There are reports that DL awards were not bookable. Try your luck and I wish you much fun with their Albanian call center where calls withing the US will be transferred .

The AZ MM Programm resets every few years. It is due since about a year and has been extended until 31.DEC.17. More information here: Validity of MilleMiglia program extended until 31 December 2017
Don't know the rules, if you transfer miles and don't fly AZ...

Why did you choose AZ MM if you don't want to spend the miles on AZ?
I chose them because of 50/90k redemption for Israel and Europe, and the same for PPT. I don't mind flying AZ, but it will require more stops, since they don't fly to SFO.
Is AF/KL bookable?
I was checking a few revenue flights on their website, and for example the flight SFO-AMS they route via JFK and FCO or CDG and LIN. Isn't it just possible to book direct flight on KL SFO - AMS? Do they route everything via Italy?

Last edited by yugi; Sep 12, 2016 at 9:59 pm
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by yugi
Do they route everything via Italy?
AZ don't fly directly from the US to any other country in the EU, so if you are looking to book an SFO-AMS directly flight, it will have to be on KL metal, which would be much easier to book with Flying Blue miles rather than with AZ miles.

As Air Rarotonga already said, if you want to try and book anything that is not an AZ flight you need to call them.

Also, AF/KL consider TLV to be a part of Europe for award redemptions, it is therefore only 62500 miles for a J flight SFO-TLV, same as SFO-AMS...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
AZ don't fly directly from the US to any other country in the EU, so if you are looking to book an SFO-AMS directly flight, it will have to be on KL metal, which would be much easier to book with Flying Blue miles rather than with AZ miles.

As Air Rarotonga already said, if you want to try and book anything that is not an AZ flight you need to call them.

Also, AF/KL consider TLV to be a part of Europe for award redemptions, it is therefore only 62500 miles for a J flight SFO-TLV, same as SFO-AMS...
I think it's 80 r/t for J, according to the table:
https://www.alitalia.com/content/dam...m-2016-ENG.pdf
Flying blue will charge 125 r/t.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I think it's 80 for J, according to the table:
https://www.alitalia.com/content/dam...m-2016-ENG.pdf
I was reading the OP comment as if it is 50K to AMS and 90K to TLV, my mistake.
So even better, AF/KL only requires 62.5K instead of 80K for business class redemption for both AMS and TLV
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
I was reading the OP comment as if it is 50K to AMS and 90K to TLV, my mistake.
So even better, AF/KL only requires 62.5K instead of 80K for business class redemption for both AMS and TLV
62.5k is one way, roundtrip is 125k, while AZ charges 80k roundtrip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.