Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by shadowline
You're right. I just came off the phone to their help line and the lady confirmed that Amex points don't have a usage limit of 75% of a redemption.

Another question - is it possible to hold redemption seats for 24/48/72 hours in some way while Amex points transfer over?
Just wanted to make sure I understand this correctly. You can transfer whatever number of miles needed from AMEX MR program to Alitalia and use the points for an award ticket? In other words, no 75% or 25% restriction at all? THX!
Old Jun 18, 2016, 3:12 am

Hi,

How do I send a complaint to Alitalia? Last week , I flew their 777 to JFK, and IFE didn't work at all (I understand it's a normal thing with the 777's).
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by lw7878
Just wanted to make sure I understand this correctly. You can transfer whatever number of miles needed from AMEX MR program to Alitalia and use the points for an award ticket? In other words, no 75% or 25% restriction at all? THX!
No restriction
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I am looking for an award ticket from FLR to TLV with a stop in rome - i found one on the date i needed, so i moved some amex points to my account, but by the time they got there, the ticket became unavailable.
Does Alitalia open up more availability closer to the time? (like BA)
Can't answer your question but alitalia offer a 14 day hold for reward reservations while you transfer points over
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Can't answer your question but alitalia offer a 14 day hold for reward reservations while you transfer points over

Thanks.
Well on Alitalia reward points, FLR - TLV via FCO costs 18 k miles, and with flying Blue costs 14,250 so I wanted to transfer to FB but not sure if they would hold for me an Alitalia ticket for a bit. FB do hold air France tickets I know.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:39 pm
wdc

No restriction
does the transfer from amex count towards the 25%? i.e. purchase 60k, transfer 20k from MR and book an 80k award

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:47 pm

guys, how to make an award booking online? systems keep sending me to the "error" page
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Advice needed re: transfer times and problems

Hi there, looking for some advice about a flight tomorrow, my sister and her family are flying TLV-BCN on AZ815 and then AZ78. There is a 1hr 50m layover between the flights. They are on 1 ticket so I know that Alitalia is responsable for getting them to Barcelona but they are not very seasoned flyers and have 3 small children, and with that short a layover I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do if it goes wrong?

There is another flight that evening AZ78, but with 5 of them it might be difficult to get anbother 5 seats I would have thought. If AZ can´t get them on the night flight dop they have to put them in a hotel overnight?

Thanks for your advice!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:30 am

Alitalia award refund?

Is it the case, from what I read on alitalia.com, that award tickets are nonrefundable, meaning that while you can change the date, time and even itinerary for a fee, you cannot cancel and credit back miles, even paying a fee?

thanks
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Fees for award redemptions

Could someone advise on the fees and surcharges for a business class award ticket on a partner airline flying from North America to Southeast Asia?
I heard those charges are quite hefty.

I am thinking of signing up with MilleMiglia but am concerned with the extra fees when making redemption.

Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by salfcl
Could someone advise on the fees and surcharges for a business class award ticket on a partner airline flying from North America to Southeast Asia?
I heard those charges are quite hefty.

I am thinking of signing up with MilleMiglia but am concerned with the extra fees when making redemption.

Thanks.
You don't offer enough information...

Use matrix.itasoftware.com and build your itinerary wished to see all the taxes charged...

Or call yourself Millemiglia to inqure this information, partner awards can only booked over the telephone!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum
Is it the case, from what I read on alitalia.com, that award tickets are nonrefundable, meaning that while you can change the date, time and even itinerary for a fee, you cannot cancel and credit back miles, even paying a fee?

thanks
Correct!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Correct!
thanks and to follow up after calling in, date and time changes are free, there is a fee for itinerary change however it must be to an Alitalia operated flight, so cannot change route to a SkyTeam partner
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
You don't offer enough information...

Use matrix.itasoftware.com and build your itinerary wished to see all the taxes charged...

Or call yourself Millemiglia to inqure this information, partner awards can only booked over the telephone!
Thanks for the link. I am looking to switch to Millemiglia and just weighing the pros and cons of its FFP. BA's fees and surcharges are horrendous and was wondering Millemiglia is anything close.

Based on the info from ITA Matrix, the fees and surcharge come to $460. I wouldn't consider that excessive. Would that be the amount I have to pay for an award ticket issued by Millemiglia? Thanks.

Fare 1: Carrier KE IW50LSP YTO to KUL (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I
Covers YYZ-ICN (Business), ICN-KUL (Business)
CA$1,750.00

Fare 2: Carrier KE IW50LSP KUL to YTO (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I
Covers KUL-ICN (Business), ICN-YYZ (Business)
CA$1,750.00

South Korea Psc Departure Tax And Contribution To International Poverty Eradication (BP) - CA$23.20
KE YR surcharge (YR) - CA$360.00
Toronto Airport Improvement Fee (SQ) - CA$25.00
Canadian Harmonized Sales Tax (ON) (RC) - CA$3.25
Canadian Air Travelers Security Charge (CA) - CA$25.91
Malaysia Passenger Service And Security Charge (MY) - CA$21.10
Malaysia Goods and Services Tax (D8) - CA$1.30
Subtotal per passenger
CA$3,959.76
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:51 am

You just have to pay the taxes and carrier imposed fuel surcharges (YQ and YR). In your example:

Originally Posted by salfcl
South Korea Psc Departure Tax And Contribution To International Poverty Eradication (BP) - CA$23.20
KE YR surcharge (YR) - CA$360.00
Toronto Airport Improvement Fee (SQ) - CA$25.00
Canadian Harmonized Sales Tax (ON) (RC) - CA$3.25
Canadian Air Travelers Security Charge (CA) - CA$25.91
Malaysia Passenger Service And Security Charge (MY) - CA$21.10
Malaysia Goods and Services Tax (D8) - CA$1.30
Fuel surcharges may sometimes be different for award tickets. But so you've got an idea how much +/- you have to pay for an MM award ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.