Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:35 am

The existing MM program was supposed to be discontinued, with all the miles expiring etc, and a new one to start sometime soon. Sounds ridiculous, but that's what they had been planning.

The email is simply saying that the present form of the MM program itself is going to continue for longer. It doesn't have any effect on validity of status levels.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
I see.. Thank you for the explanation
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:37 am

Got same mail
Probably just saying, that our accounts won't be deleted
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AA EXP; A3 Gold; DL Plat, AZ Freccia Alata; Hertz PC
Hi everybody,

I currently would like to match my AA EXP status to Freccia Alata Plus Club on a recently opened Milleaccount account.

I understand AZ currently aren't running the status match offer, but reading around here it seems they are processing match requests anyway. Is this right? Can I just send in my application? Or do I have to wait until they start a new promotion? In this case, any idea when this will be?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by alexzl
I understand AZ currently aren't running the status match offer, but reading around here it seems they are processing match requests anyway. Is this right?
Says who? Did not read any success of matches after their promo...?

Can I just send in my application?
Try it. Don't be surprised if you get no answer, thats AZ...

Or do I have to wait until they start a new promotion? In this case, any idea when this will be?
Question is, if there will be such a promo again...?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by alexzl
Is this right? Can I just send in my application?
The best answer you can get is the one from Alitalia. Just ask them, and if you are lucky and do your homework, you might get what you are asking for. In general, people tend to say something is not possible without even trying, whereas any success you can reach usually comes after you have tried, not after you have given up. Good luck.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I don't know if my matched Alata Plus has been downgraded or something, since my last OK flights have shown no status. At least no skypriority benefits, and now latest the check-in agent wondered why he could see "basic" status on his computer while I gave him my alata plus card.

Previously (months ago), my AF flights have recorded skypriority benefits through my alata plus card...
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: AZ, Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, HHonors
Originally Posted by FFlash
I don't know if my matched Alata Plus has been downgraded or something, since my last OK flights have shown no status. At least no skypriority benefits, and now latest the check-in agent wondered why he could see "basic" status on his computer while I gave him my alata plus card.

Previously (months ago), my AF flights have recorded skypriority benefits through my alata plus card...
What does it show on the AZ website when you login? And if it is incorrect did you call the call the center for an explanation?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:00 am
8am

Hello,

If someone needs Alitalia "vouchers to upgrade" or
FRECCIA ALATA FOR YOU CARD – let me know.

http://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/specia...d-request.html

By activating the Freccia Alata forYou card, you can enjoy benefits reserved for our best Customers, such as entry to airport lounges, priority on waiting lists at booking and check-in, free baggage allowance and much more.

Members with a 'Freccia Alata Plus' card valid until March 31st, 2017 can request the activation of the 'Freccia Alata perTE' card within December 31st, 2016 with the form found below.
Not sure how long Freccia Alata forYou card will be valid (my FRECCIA ALATA PLUS CLUB status due to expire 03/2017) – if someone knows – please let us know.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: AZ, Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, HHonors
Originally Posted by 8am
Hello,
Not sure how long Freccia Alata forYou card will be valid (my FRECCIA ALATA PLUS CLUB status due to expire 03/2017) – if someone knows – please let us know.
It will be the same expiry as the main card - 03/17 in your case.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:17 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
So everyone (who did not requal on flights) have now super soft landed 2 levels?

Freccia alata plus to Ulisse club and Freccia alata to member.

Anyone got the Ulisse club cards yet? Automatically? At least extra luggage on ST.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by skaya
So everyone (who did not requal on flights) have now super soft landed 2 levels?

Freccia alata plus to Ulisse club and Freccia alata to member.

Anyone got the Ulisse club cards yet? Automatically? At least extra luggage on ST.
Yup—Ulisse for me. No sign of cards, or even an email about the soft landing.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC, IHG, HH, AZ MilleMiglia, Amex Platinum
Does anyone know if they are gonna do another status-match soon/in the future?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
No idea, but per individual, status matches are once in a lifetime.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by AndreaMD
Does anyone know if they are gonna do another status-match soon/in the future?
Probably not. Lufthansa and Air France ran statusmatches back in 2011 IIRC. They haven't had a promo like that ever since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.