Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by krabbenkopf
I am quite sure he means the "Freccia Alata for You" vouchers for upgrading others to gold.
"Vouchers" is probably incorrect - "Freccia Alata per TE" is only offered for one person, so there is only a singular "voucher".

But that won't work, either. For anyone whose FAP status expired yesterday, then the ability to gift FA to someone else expired on December 31st last.

Originally Posted by Alitalia Millemiglia
Such "gifted" status would also have expired yesterday, anyway.

And the mechanism would not allow for the benefactor and beneficiary to be the same person/account.

So, my original statement is correct. Any upgrades (however you want to interpret that) as a result of the status have now expired along with that status.

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 1, 2016 at 6:14 am
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: UA GS // HH DIA // AB PLAT
Update on my problem. I contacted Clubfrecciaalata and they said they would upgrade my status as soon as possible.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
if anyone interested I still have one code for freccia alata valid 03/17 ... I posted that on coupon connection sometime ago...
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
How long does the status upgrade for the "Freccia Alata for You" take at the moment? I am waiting for a week now?!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Now that Alitialia downgraded my status to general member, will they sned me a regualr plastic card or not?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To the best of my knowledge, there are only cards for Ulisse and above (the so-called "Exclusive Clubs").

If you have no status, then you have no need for a card. You have no status and your basic membership does not entitle you to any services.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
To the best of my knowledge, there are only cards for Ulisse and above (the so-called "Exclusive Clubs").

If you have no status, then you have no need for a card. You have no status and your basic membership does not entitle you to any services.
But when I signed up for MilleMiglia, it said somewhere that they send you a card once you complete one flight or something.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
But when I signed up for MilleMiglia, it said somewhere that they send you a card once you complete one flight or something.
And presumably you received that card?

2.6 of the present regulations shows that this rule is still in force. Have you taken a flight that would trigger the sending of such a card again?

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 6, 2016 at 11:50 am
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:55 pm

And presumably you received that card?

2.6 of the present regulations shows that this rule is still in force. Have you taken a flight that would trigger the sending of such a card again?
Never received the card and my account activity is empty.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
my account activity is empty.
Have you ever earned any miles in your Millemiglia account?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:23 pm

Have you ever earned any miles in your Millemiglia account?
No, but do you know an easy promo that gives like free 500-1000 miles that count as activity?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You receive a welcome bonus of 2,000 miles if you take your first flight within 3 months of joining.

It sounds like that ship has sailed, though.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, and anything Amex Plat are dishing out
Has anyone who received and met the extension offer (1 return flight by 25th march) been extended yet? The T&Cs did say it could take up to April 11 to show so I'm not getting stressed just curious.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
Flew my return ticket before the 25th, was downgraded to general member around April first and finally was upgraded to elite plus again ( which I noticed yesterday online).

Originally Posted by copperfield27
Has anyone who received and met the extension offer (1 return flight by 25th march) been extended yet? The T&Cs did say it could take up to April 11 to show so I'm not getting stressed just curious.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, and anything Amex Plat are dishing out
OH got offer, flew required trip (fun but wholly a status run) and now not upgraded. Not sure best route to raise this? FB/Twitter or phone - any suggestions from old Alitalia hands?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.