Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FCO-JFK: Terminal 3 or 5? and seats?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
FCO-JFK: Terminal 3 or 5? and seats?

I'm hoping that I am able to avoid the Terminal 5 mess and check in at Terminal 3 for my Alitalia flight FCO-JFK. I've had conflicting information (yes, you can, no - all US-bound flights check in at T5…) and I couldn't find an answer on the alitalia website (no surprise).
Anyone willing to give me the answer?

Also, my ticket was booked through Delta. No seats were assigned. I'm used to that when I fly Air France booked through Delta. I called Alitalia and got the seats in Magnifica that I wanted assigned both ways. Now: how to I keep track of them to be sure they stick? I've tried putting in my eticket # and the Delta PNR (knew that wouldn't) work. I can usually do this on AF, but it isn't working for me on the Alitalia site. Any helpful hints??? TIA
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
T5 is only for US companies flights. If you travel with AZ, you have to go to T3.

Also, you need T5 only to do the checkin. This december I flew FCO-JFK with Delta, but having done the online checkin, I went straight to passport control.

enjoy your flight, Magnifica AZ is a great experience.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, AmEx MR, BA Avios, Alaska MileagePlan
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Now: how to I keep track of them to be sure they stick? I've tried putting in my eticket # and the Delta PNR (knew that wouldn't) work. I can usually do this on AF, but it isn't working for me on the Alitalia site. Any helpful hints??? TIA
I found that my name on the Alitalia ticket was different; my first name was registered as my full first name plus three letters of my middle name. Once I put that into the Alitalia site, it brought up my booking. Must be something in the way that Delta's systems talk to Alitalia.

Not sure if that's always the case, or if it always uses that pattern, but it might be worth contacting Alitalia to verify how your name is spelled on your ticket.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Grazie!!

Thank you to the two of you for your replies.
I had just heard stories of having to be at FCO 3+ hours ahead of time to contend with the herd of flyers to the US at T5. I've done intra-Schengen flights from FCO before so I wanted to be armed with good info so I can sleep in as long as possible before my flight (staying at the FCO Hilton).

I'll give it a try with different permutations of my name on the alitalia site.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:14 pm

I'll give it a try with different permutations of my name on the alitalia site.
I flew a few days ago on a ticket booked by a TA and couldn't access my booking. The bottom line (as explained by the TA) is that rather than using LASTNAME FIRSTNAME (or vice versa), AZ uses FIRSTNAMEADDON, whereby ADDON could be anything like MRS, DR, PROF, CPT, and so on. So, depending on who you are (e.g. Miss Universe) you could try SLIDERGIRLMISS. Cave: No space between FIRSTNAME and ADDON!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
I called AZ a couple days ago and they said I would never be able to access my info on the AZ web site even though I had their PNR because they said their web site does not interface with anything booked using Delta's web site or flight number.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bludevil
I called AZ a couple days ago and they said I would never be able to access my info on the AZ web site even though I had their PNR because they said their web site does not interface with anything booked using Delta's web site or flight number.
Sigh. I haven't had any success yet. Delta even provided me with a different PNR to use with Aliatlia's site. No joy. I guess I'll call in once in awhile to see that my seats stay. It's not as bad as being in the back and ending up with a middle-middle seat, but I'd like to keep my Magnifica window seat.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Sigh. I haven't had any success yet. Delta even provided me with a different PNR to use with Aliatlia's site. No joy. I guess I'll call in once in awhile to see that my seats stay. It's not as bad as being in the back and ending up with a middle-middle seat, but I'd like to keep my Magnifica window seat.
did you try the facebook team?
https://www.facebook.com/alitalia

they normally reply quickly and are very helpful. do not send them a private message straight away, it will be ignored. ask in public and they will (should) reply asking you the details of your reservation via PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.