Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Current Alaska 40% Bonus When Buying Miles: Totally Random Or What?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

I saw a blog post about Alaska offering 40% Bonus when buying miles the offer is until Feb.8 The post stated it was an offer open to everyone, but as most of the commenters and myself have found, it was a targeted offer.

Does anyone know if there's a trick to getting targeted for these offers? I ended up passing on the last Holiday bonus sale, but I was hoping catch it this time, but I didn't get the email offer, so I think I'll wait.

I was wondering if I bought some miles now, do you think it would trigger the bonus offer? Any data points, or past experience anyone would like to share would be great. Thanks!

Cheers.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:50 pm

I received the bonus offer and I have never purchased miles so I don't think that was a trigger for mine. I did redeem quite a few miles a few months ago, but I don't know if that impacted the offer or not. It is interesting to note that there is a 15,000 mile minimum before any bonus miles kick in.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Okay...I'm getting the mileage bonus when I look on AS to buy and I didn't get any notice. However, friend who is Gold is not getting any bonus offer either by email or when she goes to buy miles. Any ideas?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:07 am

im getting the 40% bonus when buying 10K miles
i don't have any status
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies so far. Good to have so we can see if there's a pattern or it's just luck of the draw.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Gold, no bonus, not a VX elite or Elevate member before December, haven't bought or redeemed miles recently. Bonus would have been nice...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.