Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Questions and Discussion About F and PC (Premium Class) Upgrades - 2017 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions and Discussion About F and PC (Premium Class) Upgrades - 2017 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I've gone back 6 pages and also used those words in search and I cannot find the thread.
On the first page, about 15 threads down. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...er-12-5-a.html

For the AS page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...des.aspx#order
"Here are a few of the updates to upgrade benefits that you can expect this fall:
Complimentary First Class upgrades on award travel, beginning December 5, 2016"
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
never mind ... Finkface was faster on the draw (she's probably on a real computer whereas I'm on my iPhone)
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
A bit slow, there, my friend. I beat you to it.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:26 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Finkface
Missy, I mentioned this in another thread but I'll ask the question here. Since all these changes, I was kicked out of some of my seat assignments. I called in and it was supposedly fixed but I am now getting 3 different results depending on where I look:

1) on the booking page, it shows us in 3D/F, which is also what the rep told us we were in
2) when I view the flight seat map from my reservation, it shows us with no seat assignments at all and no available seats
3) the app shows us in 3A/C

It has been like this for over a week so I don't think it's a case of the app 'catching up', plus I have refreshed it, taken it down, etc.

So my question is, why is the app not in sync with the website, why are we showing 3 different seat assignments (and no seats in one case) and how do I know which is correct? I have a bad feeling we are not going to be able to OLCI and worse, that we likely don't have seats at all, which will be a big problem as the flight is full.
If you want to email me screenshots of the different views you're seeing I can research it, but I would trust the agents view over the app.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
On the first page, about 15 threads down. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...er-12-5-a.html

For the AS page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...des.aspx#order
"Here are a few of the updates to upgrade benefits that you can expect this fall:
Complimentary First Class upgrades on award travel, beginning December 5, 2016"
Thanks all, off to read the thread now (don't know how I missed it before).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Maybe I missed it in the other thread - do AA elites have any access to PC without a fee? Currently I get free exit row or row 6 selection. Have to use row 6 now that we're travelling with a child. Am I booted from that now with PC unless I pay for it?

Last edited by mikelat; Nov 15, 2016 at 3:24 pm
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikelat
Maybe I missed it in the other thread - do AA elites have any access to PC without a fee? Currently I get free exit row or row 6 selection. Have to use row 6 now that we're travelling with a child. Am I booted from that now with PC unless I pay for it?
On flights that ARE configured with Premium Class, you do NOT have complimentary access to row 6

On flights that are NOT configured with Premium Class, row 6 is part of Premium Plus, and available to American AAdvantage Platinum members, and American AAdvantage Executive Platinum members
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by jrl767
never mind ... Finkface was faster on the draw (she's probably on a real computer whereas I'm on my iPhone)
A bit slow, there, my friend. I beat you to it.
at the risk of having this devolve into DL LoungeTM banter, there are times when being a bit slow so she (general feminine pronoun, not directed at present company ) can get there first is a good thing
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
Be careful with row 6 depending on how old your child is. You can't sit there with a lap infant because of the seatbelt airbags.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:02 pm

at the risk of having this devolve into DL LoungeTM banter, there are times when being a bit slow so she (general feminine pronoun, not directed at present company ) can get there first is a good thing
That's what she said!
And nope, I was on my ipad.

Last edited by Finkface; Nov 15, 2016 at 5:10 pm
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
If you want to email me screenshots of the different views you're seeing I can research it, but I would trust the agents view over the app.
I don't want you to waste time on this if it is a normal thing when it seems you have a lot going on right now. But if you are interested from an IT POV as to why the 3 views are different, I'm happy to send you screen shots. But if it's a normal thing, then I won't worry about it. I just thought if it could be synced up, it would help when it comes to OLCI.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's what she said!
And nope, I was on my ipad.
size matters too (as I continue to devolve this conversation)
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

I don't want you to waste time on this if it is a normal thing when it seems you have a lot going on right now. But if you are interested from an IT POV as to why the 3 views are different, I'm happy to send you screen shots. But if it's a normal thing, then I won't worry about it. I just thought if it could be synced up, it would help when it comes to OLCI.
I'm definitely interested from an IT POV.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:11 pm

size matters too (as I continue to devolve this conversation)
Lol!
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
I'm definitely interested from an IT POV.
Ok, PM me your email address and I'll send them off. I don't believe I can attach photos to a PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.