Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

"Insight Community" Research Surveys / Responses and Comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Did you get accepted into the AS "Insight Community"?
Yes!
54.29%
No, I waitlisted.
31.43%
No, I did the survey but skipped the waitlist.
0%
I did not do the survey.
8.57%
Waitist Cleared!
5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

"Insight Community" Research Surveys / Responses and Comments

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Used the text service this AM after receiving an email that told me the service was live. Worked well and fast. How complex they can go on text is anyone's guess, but for simple things, I could definitely see me using this option in the future.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:54 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
What did you ask them about? Seems like the use here is that it's actually reservations, as opposed to Twitter customer care which can't do reservation-related tasks.

Neil
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80
What did you ask them about?
Combining 2 existing reservations, which should not have been--and didn't prove to be--very taxing over text.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Tried the text service today. Asked about what flights were open earlier in the day for SDC. Worked pretty well. Would have been faster to look up in the app but handy for speech to text while doing other things.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Used the text service this AM after receiving an email that told me the service was live. Worked well and fast. How complex they can go on text is anyone's guess, but for simple things, I could definitely see me using this option in the future.
...and I received a customer satisfaction survey this AM that heavily (and not surprisingly) indicated that chat could / would be positioned to ease the burden on customers calling int to AS call centers. Not sure how / if chat lowers company overhead, so perhaps a chat option is more driven by customer preference than incurred cost.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Having them work with the Twitter team would be easier imo. People will mention that not everyone uses Twitter but the same applies with texting. None of my parents text.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
...and I received a customer satisfaction survey this AM that heavily (and not surprisingly) indicated that chat could / would be positioned to ease the burden on customers calling int to AS call centers. Not sure how / if chat lowers company overhead, so perhaps a chat option is more driven by customer preference than incurred cost.
Customer preference is the biggest driver, however, costs do come down as well; you can have an agent working the chat function potentially handling as many as two or three inquiries at once, depending on the nature of the request, whereas an agent handling inbound calls can only take one at a time.

In addition, the chat feature doesn't add to the telecom costs AS incurs for each call connected to an agent, and that cost is the same regardless of whether a call lasts 2 minutes or 20.

Of course, the chat feature is still in the testing phase only, and AS will want to "learn to walk before they run," so I wouldn't expect a significant amount of what are presently handled as inbound calls to be transitioned over to the chat side right away.

As mentioned earlier in another thread, AS is aggressively hiring and training new call center agents for all three sites (Seattle, Boise, and Phoenix) this year, and will continue to add to their staff for the next 18-24 months as the VX outsourced call centers are gradually wound down and that work transitions in-house.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
...AS is aggressively hiring and training new call center agents for all three sites (Seattle, Boise, and Phoenix) this year, and will continue to add to their staff for the next 18-24 months as the VX outsourced call centers are gradually wound down and that work transitions in-house.
Got it. If they don't start with "This is XYZ in SEA/PDX/BOI" then it's outsourced VX

Seriously though, when I hear that opening script I know its going to be a good call.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS
Finally AS is focusing on food onboard and the ability to pre order and pre pay for food.
Survey this afternoon looking at what would be valued by AS flyers.
At end of survey, did convey that quality of food in F is still not what it should be.
Also, asked that a swap for F & C in F be an option for F passengers.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
Just took the food service survey and I got an extra 500 miles for it. I'll take it. That is the first insight survey that I have taken where they have given you something besides entry into the monthly drawing.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by pcoll
Finally AS is focusing on food onboard and the ability to pre order and pre pay for food.
Survey this afternoon looking at what would be valued by AS flyers.
At end of survey, did convey that quality of food in F is still not what it should be.
Also, asked that a swap for F & C in F be an option for F passengers.
I said the exact same thing in the survey regarding the fruit and cheese plate.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:56 pm

I also said the exact same thing about fruit & cheese for F!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Buster
I also said the exact same thing about fruit & cheese for F!
Ditto here.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:02 pm

Has anyone in this forum won the $100 drawing?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Has anyone in this forum won the $100 drawing?
Nada for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.