Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Rollover 2016 miles into 2017 for elite status (email from Alaska Air)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by spamman808
I got it. Pleasantly surprised. Is this a typical thing, or new for this year? I could get used to this!
This is a new (true) enhancement for Alaska's MileagePlan...and if preface to perhaps the additional routes that American has recently announced from California up the West Coast. It also tries to keeps loyals flying Alaska metal.

This offer for Rollover miles apply exclusively to elite qualifying miles earned on Alaska Airlines. This means elite qualifying miles earned through travel on partner airlines wouldn’t be eligible to be rolled over.

I applaud Alaska for only offering the rollover for those miles flown on Alaska Airlines; otherwise they might be giving people carte blanche to fly a competitor airline and rollover the miles flown on them into an Alaska frequent flyer plan.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by John DELTA
This is a new (true) enhancement for Alaska's MileagePlan...and if preface to perhaps the additional routes that American has recently announced from California up the West Coast. It also tries to keeps loyals flying Alaska metal.

This offer for Rollover miles apply exclusively to elite qualifying miles earned on Alaska Airlines. This means elite qualifying miles earned through travel on partner airlines wouldn’t be eligible to be rolled over.

I applaud Alaska for only offering the rollover for those miles flown on Alaska Airlines; otherwise they might be giving people carte blanche to fly a competitor airline and rollover the miles flown on them into an Alaska frequent flyer plan.
This isn't an enhancement for Alaska's Mileage Plan....it's business as usual for those who didn't get the email...the program itself has not changed....this is targeted promotion like other targeted promotions that may or may not happen again. Cool if you got the email, but not *too* much to get excited about.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
No e-mail for me
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
Well what will AS be taking away in place of this. I guess it's perfect for me as I'll requalify for MVPG in early April if I qualify. I didn't get an email. Maybe you have to credit AS flights to other carriers to be consideted. I stop at the mvpg because 75K isn't worth it. Now if I could roll over I'd keep flying
Maybe this is to give folks something back for not being able to reserve row 6 until T-24 when the new premium economy section rolls out later this year
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I think if it is a targeted thing, then it's a bit unfortunate for those who aren't targeted (I'm stoked to be targeted), but if it works out and turns into a full on thing, that will definitely be amazing. For a data point, it was my first year making mvp anything, so maybe they're targeting me to see if it helps me stick around? Also, I made mvpgold strictly on ak flights, so maybe that had something to do with it too?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Wow, this huge....love it!
EDIT: False alarm....nothing to see here....
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: Accor Silver, AS/DL/Marriott nobody
Originally Posted by missamo80
No mail for me. I hit MVPG for 2015 almost exactly and only had a few hundred miles that were left unused. Guess they're targeting people who tend to have more slop?

Neil
I got the email, made MVPG with 40,XXX AS miles.

Beats me how it is targeted.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty annoyed I didn't get this offer. I'm betting it had to do with the fact that >50% of my travel was on partners last year.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
This is my first year with any kind of status with Alaska. Accrued 60k EQM last year. ~22k with partners. No rollover offer. I'm curious to how this offer was targeted.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by Bretmd
This is my first year with any kind of status with Alaska. Accrued 60k EQM last year. ~22k with partners. No rollover offer. I'm curious to how this offer was targeted.
Perhaps to people who flew a lot of Delta last year, and credited to AS mileage plan?

I didn't get one, flew about 120k last year, 95k on AS.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty annoyed I didn't get this offer. I'm betting it had to do with the fact that >50% of my travel was on partners last year.
100% of my flights were on AS metal and I didn't get the offer....there is a possibility that it was sent to a "random" sampling of Mileage Plan members. I too was disappointed about not getting the offer, but I'm more disappointed that this is potentially a one-time promotion and not a program enhancement.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by BarryL
Perhaps to people who flew a lot of Delta last year, and credited to AS mileage plan?

I didn't get one, flew about 120k last year, 95k on AS.
Not likely, most of my partner flying was on DL.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

Had 150k last year and nadda
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:51 pm

No email for us either. Both of us are 75Ks with 90K on AS metal for the last 2 years. I am saddened and annoyed at the same time. This 'targeted market' thing seems so very unfair. And if it's the way that AS is telling us not to fly on AS after 75K, I think they have succeeded. I certainly will relook at our future spend and itinerary for remainder of this year since all of our travel are 'leisure' flights. It makes no sense to spend more and get less when a lot of time AA and other airlines are offering lower fare.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Had 105K partner + AS last year. Around 25K AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.