Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Rollover 2016 miles into 2017 for elite status (email from Alaska Air)

Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Soon to be Gold again!

My husband received an email this morning stating:

Earn status with rollover miles.
Here's another reason to choose Alaska for all your 2016 flying – the trips you take this year can help you hold on to your elite status even longer. With this exclusive opportunity, each elite-qualifying mile you earn for Alaska Airlines flights beyond your tier requirement this year will go toward your 2017 qualifying miles. Learn more now.
The link in the "learn more now" was not available after clicking. I didn't see any updates on the Alaska Air Mileage Plan page. Anyone have any idea about this? The disclaimers (T&C) section says it is only for members that receive the offer directly. Considering my husband and I traveled the exact same flights last year, I am surprised I didn't receive it. Also, I have over 300K lifetime AS miles vs. his 70K. Just curious about it.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSObelle

The link in the "learn more now" was not available after clicking. I didn't see any updates on the Alaska Air Mileage Plan page. Anyone have any idea about this? The disclaimers (T&C) section says it is only for members that receive the offer directly. Considering my husband and I traveled the exact same flights last year, I am surprised I didn't receive it. Also, I have over 300K lifetime AS miles vs. his 70K. Just curious about it.
Wow, this huge....love it!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Darn.. I wish this was for last year too. Love it as well.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Well what will AS be taking away in place of this. I guess it's perfect for me as I'll requalify for MVPG in early April if I qualify. I didn't get an email. Maybe you have to credit AS flights to other carriers to be consideted. I stop at the mvpg because 75K isn't worth it. Now if I could roll over I'd keep flying
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, IHG Gold, AA Plat
I received the email as well. It seems to be targeted according to the term and conditions

Terms & Conditions: **Only Mileage Plan™ members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email are eligible to participate. The difference, if any, between the number of miles flown by an eligible member on Alaska Airlines-marketed and operated flights (AS1-999, 2000-2999 or 3300-3499) in 2016 and the number of miles required for the highest 2017 elite status level achieved by the eligible member as of December 31, 2016, will be applied towards 2018 elite status qualification.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:57 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
This is a targeted offer. If you didn't receive the email, you aren't eligible.

If you did receive the email, the Learn More link will be fixed within the hour.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by missydarlin
This is a targeted offer. If you didn't receive the email, you aren't eligible.

If you did receive the email, the Learn More link will be fixed within the hour.
Bummer. No e-mail (yet) for me.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
For those who didn't receive the email be sure and check your Spam folder. Mine was in there. This offer must not come from exactly the same address(es) as other AS promos.

Here's the page for those who are just interested in what it says:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...urce=LIFECYCLE

As others have said this appears to be targeted. AS seems to have take a page from Marriott's book.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Soon to be Gold again!
Originally Posted by CDKing
Well what will AS be taking away in place of this.g
I wondered this as well. It made me worried they were moving to revenue-based elite status like DL.

I'm sad the targeted offer is to my husband and excludes me! :-(
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by MSObelle

Well, I got the email just now and I have about 400K lifetime AS miles.

I don't see any downside. It will be nice to know those few thousand extra miles will be of use next year.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
No mail for me. I hit MVPG for 2015 almost exactly and only had a few hundred miles that were left unused. Guess they're targeting people who tend to have more slop?

Neil
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I got it. Pleasantly surprised. Is this a typical thing, or new for this year? I could get used to this!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Nothing for me, I was about 4k over what I qualified for. Ah, well.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
AS MP gets a little Delta-fied, selectively copying a feature from SkyMiles ~2009.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold; AS MVP Gold
Pretty huge deal, but interesting that it's only rolling out to some people. MVPG here and no email. Wonder if they're running a trial it to see how it works for retention before rolling it out. Would be a pretty big boost to the AS program, at least from my POV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.