Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2016 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2016 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: UA1K
i had the panko crusted chicken on AS728 to IAD yesterday. very, very good meal.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
And where exactly was it that found you gnawing on this tasty but rugged panko-crusted chicken? Did it come with those round green things, too? Was it between Seattle and Boise perhaps?

HINT: A route and time of flight would be a good starting point so that all of us who actually like panko-crusted chicken might know which type of flight (transcon, etc) might offer such a delectable offering. C'mon now - don't leave us hanging!
My money is on The SEA - JFK / JFK - SEA route that Kufat frequents and it wasn't the red eye.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
My money is on The SEA - JFK / JFK - SEA route that Kufat frequents and it wasn't the red eye.
If it wasn't the red-eye, that only leaves a breakfast flight (JFK-SEA) which I doubt served the chicken dish.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:30 pm

What can I expect for lunch or dinner on a LAX/SNA-PDX-LAX/SNA flight?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
SEA-ANC Snack

AS 105 11/23/16 Snack service

Hot towels
Pretzels
Tri-Tip with carrots and mashed potato
Roll, Cookie

I took a picture, but for some reason I have no photo editing program on this laptop (which I swear I used to have) so I'm not posting a huge hi-res photo of it Happy Thanksgiving all
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by randkinca
What can I expect for lunch or dinner on a LAX/SNA-PDX-LAX/SNA flight?
Flew SNA-PDX last week at 7pm and was served cheese ravioli with chicken, a salad, bread roll, cookie.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I love flying AS F class from PHX-SEA-PHX, but I am tiring quickly of the chicken salad. I have had it on 3 out of 4 flights in the past two months. I had it going and coming back from SEA for Thanksgiving.

Do they serve anything but chicken salad on this route at non-breakfast hours?

And, yes, I have provided feedback directly to AS.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa
I love flying AS F class from PHX-SEA-PHX, but I am tiring quickly of the chicken salad. I have had it on 3 out of 4 flights in the past two months. I had it going and coming back from SEA for Thanksgiving.

Do they serve anything but chicken salad on this route at non-breakfast hours?

And, yes, I have provided feedback directly to AS.
I'm assuming these are all midday flights. A dinner flight (evening "snack") should have some sort of entree with a salad, roll and cookie, similar to what was described for sna-pdx in reply 1221.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
I'm assuming these are all midday flights. A dinner flight (evening "snack") should have some sort of entree with a salad, roll and cookie, similar to what was described for sna-pdx in reply 1221.
Yes, they were "midday" flights, departing around 3 or 4pm. Still doesn't explain the exact same meal three times between September and November. They could at least do a "northbound" vs. "southbound".

Of course, chicken salad was infinitely better than the 4th flight (another midday flight), which featured a sliver of portobello mushroom, asparagus, and some tasteless white substance taking up half of my plate. Fortunately, I really like asparagus
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Alaska 628 BLI-LAS 12/1/2016

Great service from the F flight attendant!

Hot towel, Pretzels and drinks to start.
Onion Risotto with a big mushroom and asparagus. Breadstick.
Nice side salad.
Brownie for dessert.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Not fungus again
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Not fungus again
Yeah, what an odd choice...and I'm generally ok with mushrooms as a garnish on top of some protein like chicken or steak....
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've been flying a lot of other carriers recently...and it's become more and more apparent...Alaska's first class catering is really bad. Delta seems to have figured it out just fine. Man I hope it improves when/if the merger is approved.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by ffman999
I've been flying a lot of other carriers recently...and it's become more and more apparent...Alaska's first class catering is really bad. Delta seems to have figured it out just fine. Man I hope it improves when/if the merger is approved.
You must be on flights over 900 miles, or meal exception flights. PDX-LAX-PDX is just the snack basket, and lackluster disinterested service. AS flights would have had FOOD!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
AS112 ANC-SEA 7:00 AM Departure

Waters at seat at boarding PDB coffee and O.J. pro-poured during boarding.

Choice of waffle, scrambled eggs, chicken? sausage and fruit plate or Yogurt, granola, skim milk and fruit plate. I had the yogurt. Fruit included apple slices, grapes, blueberries and Honeydew melon (which was ripe for once). Overall a satisfying start.

Service for the flight was fine. I slept after breakfast to landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.