Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

25,000 Bonus Mile Offer with BoA Checking Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 Bonus Mile Offer with BoA Checking Account

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Did you ever get the points?
The tracking of the points is definitely tied to whether you received the offer or not and not just the sign-up/landing page. If you apply for this and you didn't receive the offer it's going to be a battle to get the points.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
3 weeks since my 3rd auto deposit, no 25k miles yet.....
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: IFlyAlaska
I got the offer and want to apply, but I'm scared of the possibility I'll get taxed.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I did this and met all of the conditions over a month ago. I received confirmation that all that was pending was the direct deposits after opening the account, but I have yet to see any miles post. It has now been 4 weeks of the 4-6 they suggested.
pending data point - I'm in this exact same situation. Just waiting for the miles to post. Statements for CC and Checking just came out today and I'm wondering if this will correspond with receiving the bonus. B of A usually sends earned spending mileage to AS 2-3 days after statement closes.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by finloopio
pending data point - I'm in this exact same situation. Just waiting for the miles to post. Statements for CC and Checking just came out today and I'm wondering if this will correspond with receiving the bonus. B of A usually sends earned spending mileage to AS 2-3 days after statement closes.

Did you receive the offer targeted?

If you receive the offer targeted and it's attached to your account then they will send updates in the mail as you go, saying "You're on your way to 25,000 miles by opening this BoA account. Now you just need to receive two direct deposits!" or whatever

If you don't receive the offer, but sign-up via the link, you will receive none of this communication and the offer won't be attached to your account.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Willbur
Did you receive the offer targeted?

If you receive the offer targeted and it's attached to your account then they will send updates in the mail as you go, saying "You're on your way to 25,000 miles by opening this BoA account. Now you just need to receive two direct deposits!" or whatever

If you don't receive the offer, but sign-up via the link, you will receive none of this communication and the offer won't be attached to your account.
Yep, like I said- I am in the exact same situation as the poster quoted in my first post. Got the offer, got the confirmation and waiting for points. I'm 4 direct deposits in. Every 2 weeks I have $2,000 from payroll thrown at the account.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:18 pm

I'm waiting for a 2K airbnb payment to act as one of the direct deposits.

What else has worked for people besides work-related?

How about paypal or redbird?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
what counts as Direct Deposits

Originally Posted by enwhycee
I'm waiting for a 2K airbnb payment to act as one of the direct deposits.

What else has worked for people besides work-related?

How about paypal or redbird?
I hope PayPal works because you can easily load your PP account with 2000 and offload it as an ACH to your BoFa acct. I know when I opened a KeyBank checking account, transferred money from PayPal to KeyBank qualified as a 'direct deposit'...so guessing it should work here too?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:03 pm

Success! The 25k checking account bonus miles just posted into my account.

Brief timeline:
06/03 - checking account opened
06/15 - first $2k direct deposit
06/30 - second $2k direct deposit
07/24 - Alaska mileage activity: "BANK OF AMERICA CHECKING ACCOUNT 25K BONUS"

(After the second direct deposit I toned down future DD amounts to $250 each, which is the minimum required to keep the account open without monthly fees.)
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by weaseltown
Success! The 25k checking account bonus miles just posted into my account.

Brief timeline:
06/03 - checking account opened
06/15 - first $2k direct deposit
06/30 - second $2k direct deposit
07/24 - Alaska mileage activity: "BANK OF AMERICA CHECKING ACCOUNT 25K BONUS"

(After the second direct deposit I toned down future DD amounts to $250 each, which is the minimum required to keep the account open without monthly fees.)
Were you actually sent the promo or did you apply via the site (http://promotions.bankofamerica.com/alaskaoffer/)?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by finloopio
Yep, like I said- I am in the exact same situation as the poster quoted in my first post. Got the offer, got the confirmation and waiting for points. I'm 4 direct deposits in. Every 2 weeks I have $2,000 from payroll thrown at the account.
25k miles posted 3 days after checking account statement closed and having made 4 direct deposits over 1 1/2 months.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by sfera
Were you actually sent the promo or did you apply via the site (http://promotions.bankofamerica.com/alaskaoffer/)?
Don't recall receiving a promo flyer in the mail. I went to the site, printed it out, and took it into a BoA branch and asked if I qualified. They said yes, so I applied.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by weaseltown
Don't recall receiving a promo flyer in the mail. I went to the site, printed it out, and took it into a BoA branch and asked if I qualified. They said yes, so I applied.
Awesome, makes sense. A branch can give you the 25k offer, at least from what I was told over the phone. They basically just assign the promo to your account.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Question re: Applying

Im already a customer, and when I applied for this offer, I opted to use the info from my current account.........Does that still count ?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:01 am

I'm already a customer, I applied for this offer 07/28, I opted to use information from my current account......Yes that does count. The 25,000 miles posted to my Alaska Air account yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.