Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal Change LAX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Terminal Change LAX

I have a terminal change today in LAX from AS to OO (an AA branded flight).

I haven't been through LAX since July (because I like my sanity), so I'm not sure if the shuttle between T-6 and T-4 is still running. I got a boarding pass for SEA-LAX and a document that says "connection document -- not valid for boarding".

Calling as Customer Care, she said she thought that I would have to leave security at T-6, walk to T-4 outside of security, get a boarding pass at AA checkin and then re-clear security at T-4. I hope that's not the case, does anyone know if the shuttle is still running and where should I go to get a boarding pass in LA, just at the gate?

Also, should I call AA and make sure my global entry pass ID is in the AA pnr?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
http://www.alaskaair.com/travelinfo/...fornia-airport

According to this map from the AS website, there's supposed to be a shuttle bus to T4 that leaves from Gate 65A in the AS terminal.

The tunnel from T6 to T5 is open, but the thread for "connections at LAX" says the tunnel from T5 to T4 is closed.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL DM, UA Gold, & Marriott Ambassador
Yes, the shuttle still exists. It runs between Gates 65A (in Terminal 6) and 44 (in Terminal 4) -- you'll need some documentation to show that you're booked on an AA flight.

For an actual boarding pass, you could just go to the AA Gate in LAX to have it issued -- although alternatively, you could try to check in online at aa.com (using AA's PNR) to see whether it will give you the AA boarding pass. Accessing your reservation this way should also give you a chance to put your Global Entry information into the AA portion of the reservation.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by mthoodfan
Yes, the shuttle still exists. It runs between Gates 65A (in Terminal 6) and 44 (in Terminal 4) -- you'll need some documentation to show that you're booked on an AA flight.

For an actual boarding pass, you could just go to the AA Gate in LAX to have it issued -- although alternatively, you could try to check in online at aa.com (using AA's PNR) to see whether it will give you the AA boarding pass. Accessing your reservation this way should also give you a chance to put your Global Entry information into the AA portion of the reservation.
If you have not had the 'privilege' of boarding a flight in T4 before this be aware that the space is quite congested and the food service is extremely limited. No reading material or sundries either so stock up before you jump on the bus.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JPat
If you have not had the 'privilege' of boarding a flight in T4 before this be aware that the space is quite congested and the food service is extremely limited. No reading material or sundries either so stock up before you jump on the bus.
It's even worse then that, since I'm on OO (skywest), I get to take the shuttle out to essentially a giant hut out on the tarmac to board. That's why I've been avoiding LA. I'm aware of the gate 65 shuttle -- I'll plan on that.

I tried checking in online with the AA PNR (I got it by calling AS customer support), it wouldn't print me a boarding pass, just said "see agent" -- we'll see how it goes.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:39 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
AA agents in SEA will be able to print you a boarding pass. If you're within 24 hours of your flight, you can go to the AA agents at any airport and get your AA boarding pass. You should also be able to check in via the AA app.

FWIW, the contractor operating the shuttle will accept a copy of your itinerary showing an AA flight in lieu of a boarding pass.

If you have PreCheck or AS/AA elite status, it's often quicker to walk outside and reclear security in Terminal 4.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
I tried checking in online with the AA PNR (I got it by calling AS customer support), it wouldn't print me a boarding pass, just said "see agent" -- we'll see how it goes.
That is not surprising as AA will not let you OLCI and print a BP if your first segment is not on AA, BA, IB or JL.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/checkin....&title=checkin
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Shuttle still works. On the downside I had a really hard time getting the AA (AEagle) agents to print be a boarding pass. They insisted it was reserved but not ticketed. For the first time in a long time throwing a fit worked and the third agent I went to printed me a boarding pass.

On the upside, the Board Room in LA has a really nice "Hanger 42" dark ale on tap. A few of those made everything happier.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:50 pm

From reports on the AA and UA boards, the tunnel at LAX from T-4 to T-5 is now open, and the AS website page for LAX no longer indicates that there's a shuttle from T-6 to T-4 for connecting pax.

So, if you're connecting from AS to AA and need to switch terminals in Los Angeles, head downstairs in T-6 and look for signage that will send you to the tunnel to T-5 and then there should be another tunnel that takes you to T-4.

Reports are that it's about a 10 minute walk or thereabouts.

Then again, since AA is taking over some gates in T-6, your connection just might be in the same terminal as AS!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
When I was through there a week or so ago they were calling out "AA connections! Shuttle here!"
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
When I was through there a week or so ago they were calling out "AA connections! Shuttle here!"
AA took over some T-6 gates recently. Real recently.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:37 pm

Connected from Alaska T-6 to T-4 then on to Qantas this week...it seems far faster now to just walk from T6 =>T5 => T4, then waiting for the shuttle bus. The goofy thing is at T4 you have to take a elevator up to the T-4 concourse. It was unmarked when I went through, but there was a very bored security guard who told me where to go. Still had to take the shuttle to QF Gates in the ITB, but it seemed easier than taking 2 different shuttles. Also - if Alaska doesnt issue you a QF boarding pass, there is a Qantas rep at the shuttle in T4 that will print it for you -- no need to leave the secure area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.