Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Requesting missing miles on AS partners...

Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver

Long story short, I used the online form to request missing miles for a flight that I did not get credit for and was denied. (I think the reason for no credit was the AS-wide problem that day double crediting for certain flights)

Anyways, I am certain I was on the flight, and still have the physical boarding pass that the GA printed out (e-boarding pass on AS app wouldn't work).

Is there a number I can call or someone I should email to settle this once and for all? Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'd email a scan of the boarding pass or fax it in.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I usually just take a picture of the boarding pass and email the picture. If you get any static on your email just call. I have found calling can get things moving where emails tend to sometimes get stalled.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 9:26 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Ive always scanned and emailed partner boarding passes in. It could also help if you perhaps still have an itinerary email that includes the PNR. Ive not ever tried using the web form for missing partners, only used if for AAG operated missing credits. Until recently you could only ask for credit on AAG metal via the website
Old Jul 4, 2013, 9:33 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I usually just take a picture of the boarding pass and email the picture. If you get any static on your email just call. I have found calling can get things moving where emails tend to sometimes get stalled.
in my experience with emailiing for credit is that they were quite prompt about it YMMV I guess. It may depend on whether its a codeshare flight or a mere partner airline flight number thats not a codeshare
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:03 pm

What email and/or fax number does one use to send in boarding pass pictures - and what info do they need? Or is it always better to start with the website?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
When you go to the website and try to request missing mile credit for a partner airline the page updates to give you the email address.

Neil
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:33 pm
Original Member

Hello all
Does anyone have any recent experience on how long it takes AS to process missing mileage on airline partners (specifically QF and KL)?

Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:42 pm

I recently submitted a request for Air France by email and the automated response said that partner requests would take 7-12 business days. The miles were in my account in 7 business days and then I got an email saying they were credited the next day.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
For QF, most of my flights credit within 1 week, some within 2 weeks and others not at all. When I apply for missing mileage credit, it can take an additional 2 weeks for most QF flights to be credited, however, I am still waiting on 2 QF flights from August to credit.

Hold ups usually occur when part of my itinerary has been credited to one program and another part is to be credited to AS.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:49 pm
Original Member

Many thanks for the responses.

Davistev - have you had any experience with QF marketed / EK operated flights being credited?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by leroy11
Many thanks for the responses.

Davistev - have you had any experience with QF marketed / EK operated flights being credited?
I have never been successful getting a Partner A marketed flight / Partner B operated flight automatically posted. That said, I have heard of people on this forum reporting success once they submit a boarding pass and itinerary via email.

However, my interpretation of the rules is that the flight must be marketed and operated by the partner airline. I say this as a recent QF marketed LAX-SEA flight operated by American airlines was denied.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
What's the usual length of time for a flight on AA to credit to my MP account?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.