Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 24, 12, 5:57 pm   #1

How can i transfer my alaska miles onto any card that I can then transfer onto Delta

How can I get my miles out of Alaska airlines, any one know? thanks
kat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 12, 6:54 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: Information Desk &Alaska Airlines

Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Silver, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Use your AS miles for an award on DL?
beckoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 12, 6:55 pm   #3

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Delta SkyMiles, Aegean, Aadvantage
You'll pay more than the miles are worth to use a points exchange scheme. If you fly Delta, you can earn Alaska miles when flying Delta - then you can redeem your Alaska miles when you have enough.
TProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 12, 12:29 am   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

thanks, how do i do that?
Old Jul 25, 12, 5:17 am   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: Information Desk &Alaska Airlines

Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Silver, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat123
Quote:

thanks, how do i do that?
Alaskaair.com can book delta awards at the 'saver' level- and can involve flights on AS too- both domestic and international. But the kicker is finding the low DL awards as one cannot use AS miles towards higher priced (with miles) awards.
beckoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 12, 12:44 pm   #6

Quote:

Alaskaair.com can book delta awards at the 'saver' level- and can involve flights on AS too- both domestic and international. But the kicker is finding the low DL awards as one cannot use AS miles towards higher priced (with miles) awards.
when i go to Alaskaair.com should i be seeing saver level, i dont see that i get many options other then checking by miles instead of price. can you help please, thanks
Old Jul 25, 12, 12:59 pm   #7

Programs: AS MVPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat123 View Post
when i go to Alaskaair.com should i be seeing saver level, i dont see that i get many options other then checking by miles instead of price. can you help please, thanks
You can only use the saver level when booking with partners. I usually use Delta.com (or aa.com) to find low award availability, then plug in the dates into Alaska's website. Sometimes it takes work to do, but it's possible to find availability even if it doesn't show up right away on the first search.

There are some similar threads regarding booking Delta along with other partners, and better descriptions on how to do so in this forum. Welcome to Flyertalk!
alphaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 12, 9:59 pm   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaeagle View Post
You can only use the saver level when booking with partners. I usually use Delta.com (or aa.com) to find low award availability, then plug in the dates into Alaska's website. Sometimes it takes work to do, but it's possible to find availability even if it doesn't show up right away on the first search.

There are some similar threads regarding booking Delta along with other partners, and better descriptions on how to do so in this forum. Welcome to Flyertalk!
thank ya very much!!