Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How can i transfer my alaska miles onto any card that I can then transfer onto Delta

How can i transfer my alaska miles onto any card that I can then transfer onto Delta

Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

How can I get my miles out of Alaska airlines, any one know? thanks
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Use your AS miles for an award on DL?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
You'll pay more than the miles are worth to use a points exchange scheme. If you fly Delta, you can earn Alaska miles when flying Delta - then you can redeem your Alaska miles when you have enough.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

thanks, how do i do that?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by kat123

thanks, how do i do that?
Alaskaair.com can book delta awards at the 'saver' level- and can involve flights on AS too- both domestic and international. But the kicker is finding the low DL awards as one cannot use AS miles towards higher priced (with miles) awards.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Alaskaair.com can book delta awards at the 'saver' level- and can involve flights on AS too- both domestic and international. But the kicker is finding the low DL awards as one cannot use AS miles towards higher priced (with miles) awards.
when i go to Alaskaair.com should i be seeing saver level, i dont see that i get many options other then checking by miles instead of price. can you help please, thanks
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by kat123
when i go to Alaskaair.com should i be seeing saver level, i dont see that i get many options other then checking by miles instead of price. can you help please, thanks
You can only use the saver level when booking with partners. I usually use Delta.com (or aa.com) to find low award availability, then plug in the dates into Alaska's website. Sometimes it takes work to do, but it's possible to find availability even if it doesn't show up right away on the first search.

There are some similar threads regarding booking Delta along with other partners, and better descriptions on how to do so in this forum. Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
You can only use the saver level when booking with partners. I usually use Delta.com (or aa.com) to find low award availability, then plug in the dates into Alaska's website. Sometimes it takes work to do, but it's possible to find availability even if it doesn't show up right away on the first search.

There are some similar threads regarding booking Delta along with other partners, and better descriptions on how to do so in this forum. Welcome to Flyertalk!
thank ya very much!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.