Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by KenGreen888
Well of course. I think you missed the point of the post. There was no indication that Alaska would continue providing the opportunity to status match again into the next year (2016). Now they indicate that they will do so starting with those who status match beginning in October.
This has always been the case. Match before October, your matched status only lasts until the end of the same year unless you earn it back by flying the necessary EQM. If you match after October the matched status lasts til the end of the following year, giving you the entire year to fly and requalify.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by KenGreen888
Well of course. I think you missed the point of the post. There was no indication that Alaska would continue providing the opportunity to status match again into the next year (2016). Now they indicate that they will do so starting with those who status match beginning in October.
That's what I thought you meant but wasn't sure so I wanted to clarify. But yes they will continue to do status matches and don't see any reason why they would ever stop as that have been doing it for years.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by bagold
I don't have a US Driving License... will they status match to an overseas address?
They said, 'drivers license'... its just a form of ID. Your passport or foreign ID with photo and name should suffice. Address is irrelevant.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Just remember this is a 'once in a lifetime' match you burned.
I feel like I should status match soon. I fear that status matches will eventually be removed. Especially one as generous as Alaska's.

Waiting for the right moment to get that "once-in-a-lifetime" offer will be for naught if airlines decide to stop offering that option.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Another factor to consider is whether you will ever have a high level of status again from another airline to be able to status match to Alaska.

If you have had a rare opportunity to get a high status level, it may be a good time to stretch it out for one more year on another airline.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Another factor to consider is whether you will ever have a high level of status again from another airline to be able to status match to Alaska.

If you have had a rare opportunity to get a high status level, it may be a good time to stretch it out for one more year on another airline.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I've been riding on the coattails of SW CP and am seriously thinking of matching to Alaska next month even if I don't fly them very often. At the very least, I'll be able to stretch the status matching to yet another airline at next year's end

I just feel like this may be the "glory days" of airlines status matches, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to this, AS will not match CP to their top tier --

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-airlines.html
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by LBJ
According to this, AS will not match CP to their top tier --

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-airlines.html
If this holds ^

WN's top tier was trivial to obtain thru certain 'techniques'
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa

If this holds ^

WN's top tier was trivial to obtain thru certain 'techniques'
Does this mean AS won't match SWA status to MVP Gold 75K or they won't match to any AS status at all?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by finloopio
Does this mean AS won't match SWA status to MVP Gold 75K or they won't match to any AS status at all?
From thread over on the WN forum, it sounds like they will only match up to MVP Gold for WN members. So WN CP status will not get you MVP Gold 75K.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by LBJ
From thread over on the WN forum, it sounds like they will only match up to MVP Gold for WN members. So WN CP status will not get you MVP Gold 75K.
It did at the beginning of the year, not sure about anymore.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: UA1K
im def sending my info to alaska for a status match. im ready to be a free agent so i'll see what alaska can do.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Its October 2nd... should I try to status match now or wait till the middle of the month?

Thank you !

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Oct 1, 2015 at 8:35 pm
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Its October 2nd... should I try to status match now or wait till the middle of the month?

Thank you !
Send them an initial e-mail asking for more info about the status match. They might include when the status will expire. From there, you can determine if it's best to request a status match now or later.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, WN AP, AS MVPG
AS status offer

I have WN A-list and CP. I recently tried to get matched with AS MVP 75k. They sent a response saying they no longer offer 75k for WN CP but would offer me MVP GOLD status, which is fine with me. I just submitted again so I could get the status through 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.