Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AB: 70 000 Topbonus miles for 349,- Eur

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AB: 70 000 Topbonus miles for 349,- Eur

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think, as I understood it from the last time back in July, those miles can only be used for the promotion in question, which lasts until 28th February according to the relevant page:

http://www.airberlin.com/en/site/lan...n=citytourpass

And after that date has passed, they revert to normal airberlin miles and as such can be used for partners etc. I have no evidence to support that, I am just going by what happened when they first offered this promotion earlier this year. At that time, it was fairly clearly established that this is what would happen.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Are these sold out?

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Why don't you give them a call?
I finally called yesterday and they said that:

a) There were only 5,000 available and they are all sold out.
b) They can only be sold online, not over the phone.

Never mind that the page is still up, and says nothing about them being sold out. I tried again from the German site and got the following message:

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,

Ihre Buchungsanfrage konnte aufgrund des aktuell hohen Besucheraufkommens leider nicht abschließend verarbeitet werden.

Wenn Sie Im Verlauf Ihrer Buchung bereits Zahlungsdaten an uns übermittelt haben, überprüfen Sie bitte zunächst, ob Ihnen Ihre Buchungsbestätigung als E-Mail zugestellt wurde.

Sollten Sie keine Buchungsbestätigung erhalten haben, starten Sie bitte Ihre Suchanfrage erneut.
Wir bedauern die damit verbundenen Unannehmlichkeiten.

Ihre airberlin
This message arrives only after I am prompted to enter my voucher, and it says the voucher is accepted.

Even though they are supposedly sold out, the phone agent recommended that I keep trying at different hours of the day. I sent an email a full week ago, and have received no response.

Any suggestions about how to proceed would be much appreciated! If there is any confirmation that they are actually sold out, I have yet to find it.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:55 am

I just tried to purchase 70,000 and I can go all the way to the credit card page. Next step would be to submit the order.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:33 am

I just tried to purchase 70,000 and I can go all the way to the credit card page. Next step would be to submit the order.
Yes, I am trying to purchase with vouchers. As soon as I submit the order, I get the message noted above.

- I tried the English and German sites, same message.
- I tried from Mac Firefox and Mac Safari (in Austria), same message.
- I tried through a U.S.-based PC VPN on Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome, same message.
- I have tried repeatedly at different hours of the day, same message.

I have no idea what is going on.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:35 am

I think you might be successful if you purchase with bank transfer/card and not with the vouchers.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:42 am

I think you might be successful if you purchase with bank transfer/card and not with the vouchers.
So the answer is that the vouchers cannot be used to purchase this. Then why is it even provided as an option on the purchase page? Has anyone been able to purchase this using vouchers?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Concerto
I think, as I understood it from the last time back in July, those miles can only be used for the promotion in question, which lasts until 28th February according to the relevant page:

http://www.airberlin.com/en/site/lan...n=citytourpass

And after that date has passed, they revert to normal airberlin miles and as such can be used for partners etc. I have no evidence to support that, I am just going by what happened when they first offered this promotion earlier this year. At that time, it was fairly clearly established that this is what would happen.
They can be used on partner airlines from the date of purchase. I traveled from Europe to the USA last week on AA and booked the ticket using some of my 70000 AB miles.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:27 am

The "City Tour Pass" is back again: http://www.airberlin.com/de/site/lan...gn=tb_ks_nov14
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Whaa-a-a-a-at?? Surely this is just the same one, extended, or is this a totally new contingent of CityTourPass tickets? What a way to bump your Topbonus account up to a reasonable level for a premium ticket somewhere!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:11 am

In my opinion, this is completely new contingent.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by tropikey
In my opinion, this is completely new contingent.
What makes you believe that?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
It looks like it's still the same ... buy until dec 15th, as the "previous"/actual one.

What's sure for me, it doesn't allow me to buy another package
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:36 am

Well, I got an email from them with information about this new offer. In this case, 5000 passes are available again, however they're divided in to groups: 3k passes of 70k miles and 2k passes of 50k miles. However, the period of this offer seems to be the same as previously.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:36 am

I think they are just "extending" it with some new values.. Either way, thanks for the heads up.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: Miles & More;
Originally Posted by tropikey
The "City Tour Pass" is back again: http://www.airberlin.com/de/site/lan...gn=tb_ks_nov14
I don't think it is a new one - when i use your link and try to buy one i get an error message that says i already bought the "city tour pass"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.