Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 13, 16, 6:05 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: EU 261/2004 Compensation with AirBerlin
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: seawolf
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 13, 17, 5:55 am   #76

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Quote:
I'm a little unsure if it really is an 'inconvenience courtesy' since I'm a US citizen claiming EU regulations, or they're trying to low-ball me for something I'm legally owed.
You should stop watching Fox News (or the US-centric view on the world)!
In countries like Denmark, Germany ... your citizenship doesn't matter, whether you can make a EC261/2004 claim.
warakorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 17, 10:11 am   #77
rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superroddy
rev - Do NOT accept their voucher. You are entitled to 250 Eur, it makes no difference whether or not you are a US citizen. Read this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airb...-vs-ec261.html for good advice on how to successfully pursue your full claim.
I actually got impatient before I read your reply and responded back thanking them for even acknowledging my inquiry but still kindly requesting the cash under the regulation.

But that is the correct advice, since they responded the next day asking for my checking account info to deposit the 250. Win!

Hopefully this recent data point will help some Googler down the road in the same scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warakorn
You should stop watching Fox News
Ouch. That was uncalled for...
rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 7:17 am   #78

Programs: Flyingblue Silver, Topbonus Platinum, Aclub Platinum, Freccia Alata Plus
Hello,

here my situation:
- FRA CTA leaving the 8th April @ 10:50 arriving 13:15 got cancelled 10 days before departure.
Was rebooked into
- SCN TXL CTA departing 8th April @ 6:40 arriving at 11:25

I claimed for a compensation as the new departure time was 4 hours before initial schedule.

Got a 35€ email voucher (which I have not used) and claimed again for compensation.

What is your latest experience with such a situation?
PROACTIVE is offline   Reply With Quote