Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by stewart24
Thank you bce1. I appreciate all the information. I've booked 10K and 11J across the isle. I'll ask about 9K since that sounds like we'd be closer.

Does everyone get on the plane through door 2L? Or just J?
Yup - NZ barely using dual boarding on the 77W (plus Y passengers have to use 2L, as its the cloest to Y)
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: AirNZ Koru
Does anyone know whether it's much noticeably nicer sitting in Business seats A in a 787 a opposed to the other side? And whether AirNz treat flights to Perth the same as long haul, or as trans Tasman? Do they still put a snack bar in the galley? Cheers
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by grabaflyer
Does anyone know whether it's much noticeably nicer sitting in Business seats A in a 787 a opposed to the other side? And whether AirNz treat flights to Perth the same as long haul, or as trans Tasman? Do they still put a snack bar in the galley? Cheers
Psychologically yes

Depends on if you want to look up and see the wall (view you get in A) vs looking across the aisle at someone as the middle and K? (Window seats on other side) Seats face each other. It's only a 1-1-1 layout in business.

It's also a little bit handier for entry/exit being on the same side as the door in A.

Actual seat for seat I haven't noticed any differences.

Flights to perth are medium haul so treated more like long haul.

There's a few snacks in galley yes.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Just remembered the overhead bins vary in size I think with the ones up the front and back of business being smaller but I doubt it's going to be an issue.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:18 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Just remembered the overhead bins vary in size I think with the ones up the front and back of business being smaller but I doubt it's going to be an issue.
There's more overhead bin space per seat easily accessible from the A seats in business class.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
All 3 of my flights on NZ2 AKL-LAX in the last year have had dual boarding (departed from the only gate in the old pier with 2 jet bridges - gate 6 or 8??) , but i cannot recall any other NZ flight ex AKL that has had dual boarding
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
For PE in the old 772, does anyone know if the IFE box is under D or F in the centre block of 3 seats?

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: NZ Silver; BA blue; Velocity red; Qantas Silver
I've just checked seatguru and it appears that my seat 37c on NZ2 is in a Skycouch row. Assuming I don't get bumped in favour of people booking the whole row (I'm travelling solo), will I be able to use the foot rest at 45degrees or do they get locked when Skycouch is not required?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:05 pm

A320 domestic

Hi all, can someone please confirm there is overhead bins on 1A/B/C side? thank you.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
Hi all, can someone please confirm there is overhead bins on 1A/B/C side? thank you.
Yes. But they fill fast so you want to be first on to get a space close to row 1.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:40 pm

On the 773, would someone happen to know the window alignment for 48A (rear cabin, bulkhead)?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Best BP seats for sleeping on 787-9

Have two overnight flights to Tokyo and back coming up on 787-9, traveling as a couple, have selected 4A and 5A on outbound and 2A and 3A on return. Chose the A seats since it looks like the quieter side of the cabin from the seatmap, would that be right?

Would these be the best seats for sleeping?

thanks
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Have two overnight flights to Tokyo and back coming up on 787-9, traveling as a couple, have selected 4A and 5A on outbound and 2A and 3A on return. Chose the A seats since it looks like the quieter side of the cabin from the seatmap, would that be right?

thanks
I haven't flown on the 789 yet but to me the most important aspect of seat selection is the seat orientation. As somebody who sleeps on my left normally I prefer B/K seats on the 777 as this means I'm facing the screen with lots of space in front of my face rather than facing the back wall if I slept on the same side which occurs if I sit in A/J
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by oranjemakker

thanks
From a privacy point of view, the A seats are significantly better (I've flown in both A & J in the 787) as you're not looking across towards anyone else & there's half the traffic in the aisles.

Which side to sleep on is such a personal thing that it really depends on your preference, but I don't believe there is any significant difference in the seat shape between A, J & K apart from the orientation.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by KiwiJC
From a privacy point of view, the A seats are significantly better (I've flown in both A & J in the 787) as you're not looking across towards anyone else & there's half the traffic in the aisles.
Thanks! Thats what I thought!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.