Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
There are a few YouTube clips where the seat is visible as people are boarding.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Anyone seen anything yet on the “refreshed” business seat?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by samjnz
Nope. Other than I hear they're on NZR which is due here later this week.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by samjnz
Honestly, my expectations are pretty darn low. Basically expecting the same seat with a different cover at best.

Really hope they make up for it with the actual new business seat which is forever away.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly

Really hope they make up for it with the actual new business seat which is forever away.
New business seat will be on the 787-10, so 2022
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
Hi,

I will be flying in October, economy.

Does seat 36C truly have no seat in front of it (i.e. 35C does not exist)?

This is not the same as is showing on seat guru.

Any downsides to the seat - I'm presuming it will be narrower cause of screen storage etc.

As the economy toilets seem to behind probably not a big issue with passenger traffic?

Many thanks
I enjoyed the seat, loved to stretch my legs out and very little traffic (apart from flight crew).

On AKL-YVR I was 36A and B were empty, so I could use those 2 seats to spread out over (36B/C arm rest is unfortunately fixed).

Some people report downside as no floor storage or pocket, but as I tend not to use it did not bother me on return leg. Only watched a couple of tv shows so screen was ok too.

I'm Elite Partner and on both flights was acknowledged at door (told 'noise cancelling' headphones placed on seat) and then another welcome visit when in my seat [I could do without this actually]

What I did find odd was that people in row behind me were moved from their allocated as someone had purchased a sky couch and there was not one available. I would have been very annoyed if that was me.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:59 pm

Does NZ have any benefits for *G members (of other airlines) wrt. seat selection?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k
Does NZ have any benefits for *G members (of other airlines) wrt. seat selection?
Yes
WLGNZ likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Yes
So, if I were able to add my *G ff number to the reservation, I would see a different/better seat choice?
What happens if I have an award booking (using a different ff account)? It seems that in that case NZ website does not let me change the ff number on the booking to the one for *G?
If I call in - what can I ask for?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, if I were able to add my *G ff number to the reservation, I would see a different/better seat choice?
What happens if I have an award booking (using a different ff account)? It seems that in that case NZ website does not let me change the ff number on the booking to the one for *G?
If I call in - what can I ask for?
Yes, seats coloured a light yellow for HVC.
Yes it will, providing you use the AirNZ PNR & website to access the booking.
Tell them you are *G and to update their system with the number. Ask for the seats you want in HVC zone.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:44 am

Tried that just now - called NZ CS, agent claimed to be able to enter my *G account. However, she also said she does not see a change of available seating. In the booking it still shows the old ff account (so looks like did not work). Agent gave up and told me to "show my card at the airport" to get better seats.

Given that it's a short flight (SYD-AKL) I am probably not going to spend much effort on this. But clearly not entirely trivial.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:04 am

If it's a rewards booking often can't change the number as needs to be linked because it's reward.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit
If it's a rewards booking often can't change the number as needs to be linked because it's reward.
Yes therein lies there issue - we know Air NZ's policy on split FQTV / FQTS, and on an award booking for obvious reasons this can't be changed after its been booked.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Yes therein lies there issue - we know Air NZ's policy on split FQTV / FQTS, and on an award booking for obvious reasons this can't be changed after its been booked.
But the award is not from an NZ account IIRC...

What happens if I have an award booking (using a different ff account)?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
But the award is not from an NZ account IIRC...
For clarity - the award is made with UA MP miles. At the same time I have SAS *G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.