Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Multi hour connection in Rarotonga. Good day hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multi hour connection in Rarotonga. Good day hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeaProf
I've showered in the Raro lounge in the past, so I believe it does indeed have a shower (unless they have made it inoperational). The toilet on the right has a shower in it, the one on the left does not.
still there and seems functional as of mid april... keep in mind that the lounge is absolutely packed on fridays however and toilets are in constant use

i would strongly recommend a rental car (perhaps $50 ish booked in advance) - scooters are ok for short rides (like if you book a day room and just need to get there) but they are no fun if it rains and after longer rides you are guaranteed to get a nasty sunburn without noticing even when it's cloudy...

Last edited by azepine00; Apr 15, 2017 at 11:27 pm
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Just got home from our Raro trip. Here's a few comments on the Koru Lounge in Raro:
+capacity limits for Koru members (no guests) and no passes accepted
+Gold and Gold Elite guests allocations were still OK
+J class passengers of course got in.
+there is one shower and there were 8 towels to start out. Not sure if they'd bring in more were they required. AWESOME shower too.
+Air Con only worked in 25% of the lounge, so it was a bit sticky.
+no espresso, but good range of cold drinks and decent nibbles

Check in was supposed to open at 13h, but was delayed 15 minutes. The airport staff and in-flight crew were awesome on the double banger! Great end to a holiday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.