Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: NZ*S
I assume the 200APD for $1000 spend is only for new customers?

Does anybody know how good ANZ are at linking customer numbers?
I cancelled my ANZ airpoints platinum a few months back after switching to the AMEX and Kiwibank cards. But I had 2 ANZ customer numbers from the National/ANZ merger that they never got around to merging..

Is it worth a try applying under the customer number that didn't have the old airpoints card linked to it?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
I assume the 200APD for $1000 spend is only for new customers?
Yes, I have already called them (as mentioned a few posts back) and they pretty much immediately waived the annual fee for me, but can't do the above offer for me.

Does anybody know how good ANZ are at linking customer numbers?
I cancelled my ANZ airpoints platinum a few months back after switching to the AMEX and Kiwibank cards. But I had 2 ANZ customer numbers from the National/ANZ merger that they never got around to merging..
Can't answer that one as I never had banked with ANZ while with National. However their IT system merger went pretty smoothly for me, never experienced any glitches or issues.

Is it worth a try applying under the customer number that didn't have the old airpoints card linked to it?
By all means go ahead, if not just call up the call centre and apply that way.
Unless ANZ has a similar "stand down" period as AMEX (with AMEX you won't be eligible if you have had a card product in the previous 12 months), then I am pretty sure ANZ will see/treat you as a new customer and offer you all the new perks with the card.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Hi All,

Just been going through some of the current credit card options now that Westpac have come to the party with their new Airpoints cards and BNZ's GlobalPlus is changing to a 'cashback' rewards system, and put together some comparison tables.

Hopefully some people here might find it useful, especially those with GlobalPlus cards and may be thinking of changing (like I am)!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jeremykjtan
Hi All,

Just been going through some of the current credit card options now that Westpac have come to the party with their new Airpoints cards and BNZ's GlobalPlus is changing to a 'cashback' rewards system, and put together some comparison tables.
[/B][/INDENT]
Spotted quite a few mistakes with your blog/"article".

Perhaps you'd want to update and check your sources.

e.g.:
Lowest annual credit card account fee of $55 per year.
Under the Westpac Platinum offering. It's $145

In your table, you listed $90/APD for ANZ Platinum. They have announced and drop/match others at $75/APD.

Air NZ already provides a very good summary table on their own site, FYI.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Thanks Kamadan for the comments, have made some corrections now.

Looks like ANZ have updated a lot of their offerings since I first started the analysis over the weekend; a lot of the changes do not take effect until the end of March and they aren't even listed on their website yet. I will make some alterations today to the table in light of their card changes.

I am aware of the AirNZ card comparison table, but thought that it would be good to have a comparison between Airpoints cards of a similar type (Platinum and no/low fee/standard) as well as a table listing and comparing between non-airpoints benefits between cards, eg. travel insurance, extended warranties; which the AirNZ card comparison table does not do.

I also thought that being able to see which card from providers offers the most benefit between features could be useful for some, something AirNZ will not be able to show so to remain impartial between each of their card partners.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try and keep the chart up to date as possible as I'm aware of any changes that crop up
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I've got the Kiwibank Platinum card. Called and emailed separately and both times was told that I wouldn't get the fee waiver - even though ANZ and Westpac both have their respective deals going. I can see why though as I'm not particularly valuable to them with no other accounts and credit card paid off in full every month.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
I've got the Kiwibank Platinum card. Called and emailed separately and both times was told that I wouldn't get the fee waiver - even though ANZ and Westpac both have their respective deals going. I can see why though as I'm not particularly valuable to them with no other accounts and credit card paid off in full every month.
Just cut the card - show no mercy because they are betting the inconvenience for you to switch card providers will be enough to retain your services with them
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by dadig
Just cut the card - show no mercy because they are betting the inconvenience for you to switch card providers will be enough to retain your services with them
Doesn't bother me. My main bank is Westpac so I'll get the Platinum AP card from them and the ANZ one as well (spend $1000 on the ANZ to get the bonus points) and then the rest on Westpac and then get rid of Kiwibank.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: NZ Koru & Silver, Assorted others
Is there anything to stop a person from getting the Westpac Plat card and then cancelling sometime after the 3 x airpoints earn period?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:44 am

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
As far as I can tell there is no minimum period for having any of the cards.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
I am same situation. Have emailed to try again and waiting for a reply
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by brucelee
I am same situation. Have emailed to try again and waiting for a reply
I called Kiwibank earlier in the week, after a ~3-4 minute hold as the girl helping me consulted with a supervisor, came back with a response of:

"Yes, we can waive the annual (Platinum card) fee for you for the next year, providing that you get your salary deposited into the everyday account".

Wasn't really keen on doing that so I asked how exactly they evaluate/determine that. She then responded by saying the system will automatically look into the account in the next month, and so long as deposit/payment gets into the account with an obvious reference number (e.g. "Salary", which my work does currently), will then trigger the fee waiver.
If this doesn't happen I can call back and get someone to manually action that.

So I informed HR to just direct my pay there, with the plan to change it back (to ANZ) after 2 months when my Credit Card fee would've already been paid/waived.

At the end of the day, I think so long as you have an active everyday transaction account with them, they'll be happy to waive the fee.

I'm more than happy that BOTH ANZ and Kiwibank now waived my next year's fee, that's a $300 saving, almost enough for a cheap/Grab-a-Seat Trans Tasman flight.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Has anyone got there new WestPac card yet? or got the second email about setting up there pin?

I got the approved email, then everything has gone quiet from WestPac.

Trying to plan some coming trips, and really don't want to bother putting the gp down!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Has anyone got there new WestPac card yet? or got the second email about setting up there pin?

I got the approved email, then everything has gone quiet from WestPac.

Trying to plan some coming trips, and really don't want to bother putting the gp down!
No second email, no card

BUT... I got the lovely Villa Maria reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Airnz.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Craig Whitmore
BUT... I got the lovely Villa Maria reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Airnz.
Interesting I'd thought that would be considered, an company making an bribe towards an financial decision.

Did it mention anything about the change to WestPac card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.