Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
You can now apply for a card.

http://www.westpac.co.nz/credit-card.../apply-online/
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Just applied for my mine, was an pretty quick proccess, now just to wait for the card.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:32 pm

Quick, painless and approved but was shocked how much credit a bank will give someone.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
For those that applied, assuming you guys hold a current BNZ GP CC?

Went to the link, input my Airpoints account details only to return a page saying "thanks for your interest, we will be in touch within 1-2 weeks for your application".
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Looks like they are favouring (or snapping up) BNZ GP users first as they are the most vulnerable. I don't have GP and got the same screen as you but didn't bother submitting as I have registered last week
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kamadan
For those that applied, assuming you guys hold a current BNZ GP CC?

Went to the link, input my Airpoints account details only to return a page saying "thanks for your interest, we will be in touch within 1-2 weeks for your application".
Yes.. I have a BNZ GP CC Card which I clicked on in the form last week.
I presume these users will get the first option of Applying for the Card and others will have to wait for a couple of weeks before they can apply.

I seem to have a low 200ish application number. Now just waiting on the 2nd email so I can get a joint card for my wife and transfer my near non existent amount owing on the BNZ Card.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:56 pm

Interesting development. Former Head of Loyalty left NZ for Westpac a couple of years ago. Connections? He was the one who broke BNZ's exclusive GlobalPlus products and brought Kiwibank direct earn credit cards and then Amex and ANZ followed. Bad blood?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: NZ Koru & Silver, Assorted others
BNZ GP Plat Card holders:
Which Westpac card have you or are planning on applying for? I rung Westpac to ask which I should apply for and the customer service person said they would recommend the World card but I feel like they were pushing me into it, I have no idea what you'd need qualify for it and maybe I should stick with the Platinum card??
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by Craig Whitmore
I presume these users will get the first option of Applying for the Card and others will have to wait for a couple of weeks before they can apply.
Correct, just got off the phone with them as it won't let me apply now - just register my interest.

The lady said they will start calling those who have expressed interest later this week.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:14 pm

I went to plat only. The spend on the cc would have to be over 100000 on the world to make it better than the platinum due to the high yearly fee (not wavied on the world)
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Craig Whitmore
I went to plat only. The spend on the cc would have to be over 100000 on the world to make it better than the platinum due to the high yearly fee (not wavied on the world)
Would they waive the yearly fee on the World if you brought your home loan over?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: NZ Koru & Silver, Assorted others
I believe Westpac waive the yearly fee on all their airpoint credit cards for the first year anyway, but I see where your coming from.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Painless. Went for plat rather than World (I had Priority Plus through my Canadian AMEX card; it's useless if you have status or Koru, esp. with no Sydney lounge). Offered a stoopidly high credit limit, which I reduced a bit.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:40 pm

With the World Card if you do over $50000 they will wavier the 6 months charge. (But you have to pay for the first 6 months)

Ignoring the triple points for the first 2 months. Treating $$ as AP's. My Maths may be a little out..

On World $55000 in 6 months, get 846 Points but it'll cost you $195 so you make 651 Points
On Platinum Spend $55000 in 6 months , Make 733 points

On World $100000 in first 12 months, get 1343 Points
On Platinum $100000 in first 12 months, get 1333 Points

So Unless you are going to spend $50000+ on your Credit Card every 6 months (And continue doing this) its probably better to go for the Platinum.

If you are only After SP then the Kiwibank Has the best SP points but the difference between 200 and 250 isn't that much.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by flysally
I believe Westpac waive the yearly fee on all their airpoint credit cards for the first year anyway, but I see where your coming from.
Not on the World Card. Only Master, Platinum and Business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.