Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Sydney Koru Lounge Renovations starting 1st November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Koru Lounge Renovations starting 1st November

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
So we will get an outside deck with braziers....
Would be nice, not sure if the Australians would allow an open flame so close to the tarmac.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
So we will get an outside deck with braziers....
A roof top garden bar would have sensational views!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
As mentioned above the SQ lounge as limited hours, the NZ lounge is open from 0430-2200 daily.

The SYD Koru Club is being fitted out to the same spec as the *A Lounge in LAX (which is Operated by NZ). So the new NZ lounge could end up being better than the SQ Lounge.
That would be great because that lounge is very nice and also offers a good selection of food...hopefully it's done by next July and I get a chance to check it out.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Any mention of re-opening date estimate?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Any mention of re-opening date estimate?
Second quarter 2015 according to their website.

http://www.airnewzealand.com.au/international-lounges
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:39 am

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
At the risk of showing my age... does anyone remember the last NZ temporary lounge, at LAX outside between T1 and T2?

Cheers, Zac
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DH188

Well phooey, will be back & forth in Dec and Jan. Used SQ lounge before just to check it out, but it was their quiet time of day, so not much to be had.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:11 pm

SQ flights currently depart SYD at
9:05am
12:15pm
4:10pm
7:10pm
There may be small gaps with no catering. particular after the 12:15pm flight, should be bustling again by 1.30pm
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Zaco
At the risk of showing my age... does anyone remember the last NZ temporary lounge, at LAX outside between T1 and T2?

Cheers, Zac
Don't think anything can beat the temporary lounge in CHC, that was just the corridor
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Zaco

Cheers, Zac
Ha I do. They had that prefab out the front of T2. Was rather cool actually because there was that walled off garden with tables and chairs you could use. As a smoker back then I loved that little koru club garden.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by poopbunny
SQ flights currently depart SYD at
9:05am
12:15pm
4:10pm
7:10pm
There may be small gaps with no catering. particular after the 12:15pm flight, should be bustling again by 1.30pm
Nice one, now just a matter of overcrowding!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DH188

Wow, if it's taking until 2Q2015 to refurbish the lounge, it better be pretty damn spectacular!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Nice one, now just a matter of overcrowding!
Am sitting in the F side of the SQ lounge before boarding NZ104. Definitely to be recommended. The service is up there with TPR.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I tried to go here on a VA flight on Fri. It was 10:00am and not a single seat free. They were directing VA pax to the Etihad lounge.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
I tried to go here on a VA flight on Fri. It was 10:00am and not a single seat free. They were directing VA pax to the Etihad lounge.
That would be nice...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.