Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OneUp Results Summary thus far

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by patchan8984
I have an AKL-PPT r/t coming up and was wondering if I need to wait for an email to do the one up or the ANZ website says I can login to place my bid. Does it matter either way if I booked a UA award ticket?

That said, I don't see any stats for this route. Does anyone have any experiences?

From AirNZ's FAQ: https://airnz.custhelp.com/app/answe...4/p/156/page/2

Which flights are currently eligible for OneUp™ upgrades?

Answer:

All Air New Zealand operated flights which have premium cabins will be eligible for OneUp offers. Please note that you must have an Air New Zealand flight number. Air New Zealand flight numbers begin ‘NZ…’

This does not include NZ flights operated by another airline, your ticket must also be ticketed by Air New Zealand (ticket number begins 086…).

Upgrades are not available in conjunction with Airpoints Companion Tickets, Star Alliance Upgrade Award Tickets, flights booked in X class, travel industry fares, prize/promotional tickets, grabaseat or grabaseat greenlight fares.

The full Terms & Conditions are also clearer: http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/oneup...and-conditions

OneUp offers cannot be made in certain circumstances
Unfortunately, we cannot accept OneUp offers in the following circumstances:
• if you have booked a Skycouch™;
• if an unaccompanied minor will be travelling; and
• if your booking is for 10 or more passengers;
• if the cabin class you are booked as part of your original booking cannot be upgraded due to a higher cabin class not being offered on the flight (for example ‘economy’ is the only cabin class available on New Zealand domestic flights and cannot therefore be upgraded);
• if your or one of the passengers in your booking has had a MEDA form submitted in respect of their travel with Air New Zealand (MEDA forms address medical needs and requirements);
• if your will be travelling on Companion tickets, Star Awards tickets, travel industry tickets, or tickets that you have won in a prize or promotion; or
• if Air New Zealand considers that you or any passenger in your booking should, for safety, health or security reasons, be seated in a specific area of the aircraft.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Thanks for the quick reply, that is what I get for trying to research on an iphone
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Can anyone advise whether Star Alliance Gold status gives a 30% bump to a bid as well, or is this exclusively for Air NZ mileage program? Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
NZ Airpoints status, and not *A status, is what counts in my view for OneUp 'uplift':

If you are an Elite, Gold or Silver member we will recognise your status by upweighting your OneUp offer by the following amount:

Elite - 50%
Gold - 30%
Silver - 10%
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/oneup-upgrades
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Trying to educate my self on this Oneup program. Longtime follower first time poster.

Question...I'm flying LAX-AKL-LAX and am platinum on UA so I'd like to earn miles for my travels on UA. I read that I need to join the ANZ program to bid for upgrades. Can that be done after booking but I'll earn miles for the flight on UA?

Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by txtechjeff
Trying to educate my self on this Oneup program. Longtime follower first time poster.

Question...I'm flying LAX-AKL-LAX and am platinum on UA so I'd like to earn miles for my travels on UA. I read that I need to join the ANZ program to bid for upgrades. Can that be done after booking but I'll earn miles for the flight on UA?

Thanks!
You don't need to be part of Air NZ's program to bid for upgrades - I'm also UA Platinum. Just received word of my upgrade

AKL - LAX - NZ6
PE to BP
Bid - $875
No status (UA Platinum but no Air NZ)
Accepted 4 days out

Looks like there were 18 seats left in BP, probably could have bid less but I didnt want to risk it. Interesting - when I was bidding the $875 was indicated as "strong" on the meter and when I logged back in, but when I increased the bid to $995 and confirmed the bid the meter came back as "weak" when I logged back in.

I'm going MEL-AKL-LAX-EWR and fortunate the same 777-300 aircraft going to LAX will be doing the MEL-AKL run so I get to try their Premium Economy on the short haul and then their amazing BP product for the long haul. Great airline!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee
You don't need to be part of Air NZ's program to bid for upgrades - I'm also UA Platinum. Just received word of my upgrade

AKL - LAX - NZ6
PE to BP
Bid - $875
No status (UA Platinum but no Air NZ)
Accepted 4 days out

Looks like there were 18 seats left in BP, probably could have bid less but I didnt want to risk it. Interesting - when I was bidding the $875 was indicated as "strong" on the meter and when I logged back in, but when I increased the bid to $995 and confirmed the bid the meter came back as "weak" when I logged back in.

I'm going MEL-AKL-LAX-EWR and fortunate the same 777-300 aircraft going to LAX will be doing the MEL-AKL run so I get to try their Premium Economy on the short haul and then their amazing BP product for the long haul. Great airline!

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:38 pm

If a OneUp bid is successful do you lose any prior paid seat selection? For example, paying for an exit row in economy, then succeeding in a OneUp bid to PE. Will you be refunded as you're not using it or is it lost in the process?

Edit: Naturally I found the answer just after posting. No, you won't be refunded.

Last edited by Eilema; Jul 20, 2014 at 5:49 pm
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Originally Posted by Eilema
If a OneUp bid is successful do you lose any prior paid seat selection? For example, paying for an exit row in economy, then succeeding in a OneUp bid to PE. Will you be refunded as you're not using it or is it lost in the process?
No refund, but in exactly this situation, I had success in asking them to transfer the "value" of the preferred seat, to another flight on the same booking. I could then select a preferred seat on that flight.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold, ICH P Club Plat, Hertz#1 5Star, Marriott Gold
Hey folks:

Don't see any bids for LAX-RAR One up Y to J in the list. SO and I are thinking about doing that trip in October. Discount Y fares are great (under 900USD) ..Biz around 2K. Too long a flight to sit in steerage and I'd probably pay the extra 2K to avoid it ...but if the odds are good for One Up ...I might risk it. There is no rush to book ...since 4K also buys the Amex Platinum Companion Fare for J which is refundable and I assume available last minute. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:28 pm

One more question from me...I've made my ANZ booking so where do I go to do the OneUp process? I"m not a member of airpoints and when I pull up the booking by confirmation number and last name, I don't see an option for Oneup.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
You need to belong to Airpoints.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/oneup-upgrades
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I put in a OneUp bid for 2 people for the weekend that was rejected 72 hours out.

NZ8 AKL to SFO Y to PE on a 744
A$410 per person
no status (Jade)

EF shows U4E4 and the Air NZ site will accept a dummy booking of 7 seats. This is exactly the same as it was about a week ago so it's probably safe to conclude no OneUps were accepted.

Didn't expect to be successful at this time of year for a Sunday flight but figured it was worth putting in a decent offer.

Last edited by sbiddle; Jul 24, 2014 at 2:31 am
Old Aug 11, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Rejected 72 hours out
AKL to SYD
Y to J
Bid NZ$200 (lowest amount poss) + 10% silver uplift
Silver status

Not at all surprised it was rejected but I lived in hope.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:07 am

Recognition upgrades and Oneup

Hi All,

My family ( wife, 7yr old, infant) and I are returning home via Lax. I am a NZ Gold member and the Mrs and Son are a jade I believe. I have 2 recognition upgrades remaining and we have a few airpoints Dollars at our disposal too. Since I cannot gift upgrades I need your help in figuring this out.

Flying home on NZ1 via Lax, free version on expert flyer shows 7 seats only.

Do I Apply for my recognition upgrade first and Oneup the family?? If so what amounts??

Does it help if all our bookings are together? I am concerned the baby is tagged with the wife and that may act as a deterrent for the OneUp?? Any thoughts on this.

I will be in big trouble if my recognition upgrades comes through and the wife is left behind with meddling kids

Can I transfer the wee one to mine and double recognition to Business then let the wife use it??

Thank you in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.