Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early entry into Sky team lounge at Dubai DXB?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Early entry into Sky team lounge at Dubai DXB?

Does anyone know the earliest I can enter the lounge for a 01:55 flight from DXB to AMS? I only have carry on luggage and wondered if I'd be able to get into the lounge around 17:00 as I have a lot of time to kill and would rather spend it in the lounge.

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:16 pm

You can access the lounge 24 hours before your flight
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I have always wondered if the "24 hours before departure" applies to all or only those in transit. Only the latter meet the "same day flight" criteria (by having an arrival flight on the same say as lounge entry)
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
I arrive at 06:00 and my will get the 01:55 flight home less than 24 hours later although I won't be in transit as I'll have to go through passport control for my meeting before returning a few hours later. Presumably I'll be able to gain access to the lounge as soon as my meeting is done.

Does the Skyteam lounge have showers and a quiet/dark area with flat beds/loungers to grab a nap?

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I have always wondered if the "24 hours before departure" applies to all or only those in transit. Only the latter meet the "same day flight" criteria (by having an arrival flight on the same say as lounge entry)
Well, for a 00:30 departure I had no trouble entering the lounge in SIN "the day before", I can't recall the exact time but I was in the airport quite early, around 9PM or so, I can't think they will have any issues with a 2AM departure, perhaps a morning departure would be a different story.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
When will you be there Saint?

I am asking because I will take that very DXB-AMS flight on Friday morning.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Originally Posted by Saint4805
I arrive at 06:00 and my will get the 01:55 flight home less than 24 hours later although I won't be in transit as I'll have to go through passport control for my meeting before returning a few hours later. Presumably I'll be able to gain access to the lounge as soon as my meeting is done.

Does the Skyteam lounge have showers and a quiet/dark area with flat beds/loungers to grab a nap?

Thanks
One important point about DXB :
Security won't allow you airside before 8 hours from your scheduled departure. They do enforce the rule that is part of the scan control routine.

So even if you could access the lounge, you won't be able to reach it before 6PM at best.

Only one way to circumvent this : get an within-airport hotel booking but since it's not located in concourse D, I don't think that is a workable option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.