Delayed flight caused me to re-ticketed with EY

Old Jan 20, 17, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Delayed flight caused me to re-ticketed with EY

KLM plane problems at Manchester last week caused me to miss my connection in Amsterdam and I was re-ticketed on an Etihad flight to Abu Dhabi and the onward to Muscat also with Etihad

No FB points are showing for the EY legs . The online claim system doesnt recognise my new EY flight number despite being told it was a codeshare. Can I get them retrospectively credited? If so, how - I still have the boarding slips
Old Jan 20, 17, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Silver: AZ, BA
Flying Blue will credit you with the miles for the original routing (so-called "original routing credit").

Pick up the phone and explain to the agent that you were re-routed onto another carrier, and would like to have the "original routing credit" for your interrupted ticket applied to your account.

Have the PNR and e-ticket number of both tickets to hand.

Once you have received your FB miles/segments for your "phantom" journey, you can then later claim miles for your "new" Etihad flights in a programme for which Etihad flights can be claimed (NOT Flying Blue, but Etihad Guest, Alitalia Millemiglia, Jet Airways JetPrivilege, airberlin topbonus, etc etc) using the e-ticket number and Etihad PNR of the replacement flights that you actually travelled.
Old Jan 20, 17, 5:11 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
You can also do it over a simple message via the form on the flyingblue website if you don't want to call.
Just provide all the information irishguy told you (PNR+ticket number of both routing)
Old Jan 24, 17, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Fantastic service from Flying Blue

As advised - I emailed the FB desk this morning attaching copies of my boarding cards.

I got a reply inside 2 hours and the missing points credited to my wife's and my accounts.

Well done Flying Blue !
Old Jan 24, 17, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Silver: AZ, BA
Don't forget to claim for your Etihad flights in any other programme you may already have in which they can be claimed - Etihad Guest, Alitalia Millemiglia, airberlin topbonus, etc etc

Search this Thread
Search Engine: