Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines mIles problems

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2012, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, MM, Mariott, Hertz
Alaska Airlines mIles problems

Anybody else has the same problems: the miles collected with Alaska Airlines, never show up by themself on my FB account, even when booking the ticket and doing the check-in, I always state my FB number.
Old May 6, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: Nice Airport Premier Plat, Flying Blue Platinum (Skyteam E+), Le Club Accor Plat
Hello

for claim Miles from airline partners, you must send this form :
https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/fly...ners/index.htm

i have the same problem with Alitalia and some peoples with Delta ..
Old May 11, 2012, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Hey,

I know for claims.I just wanted to know, if it is just me

For Delta no problems so far, but there are a lot of DL flights operated by AS - on my routes (PDX-LAX)
Old May 11, 2012, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by darjanslo
Hey,

I know for claims.I just wanted to know, if it is just me

For Delta no problems so far, but there are a lot of DL flights operated by AS - on my routes (PDX-LAX)
You bring up a very interesting point there.

I'm not sure that DL-coded Alaska-operated flights will earn anything in Flying Blue...even though Alaska is, independently of its arrangement with Delta, also a Flying Blue partner. But based on the wording on the Flying Blue website, it seems to be a combination of carriers and codes that falls outside the earning possibilities.

In FB, for Delta, it says:
You can earn Miles on all flights marketed DL, AF, KL or SkyTeam and operated by Delta Air Lines
...suggesting that DL-coded flights operated by Alaska are not FB mileage earning.

In FB, for Alaska, it says:
You can earn Miles on all flights marketed AS, QX, AF or KL and operated by Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air
...suggesting that DL-coded flights operated by Alaska are not FB mileage earning.

I would therefore be very interested to hear if you manage to get DL-coded but AS-operated flights to credit in Flying Blue.

It might be safer, in this instance, to book these flights under their AS codes (for which you would at least earn Award Miles, but not Level Miles).

Last edited by irishguy28; May 11, 2012 at 11:22 am
Old May 14, 2012, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You bring up a very interesting point there.

I'm not sure that DL-coded Alaska-operated flights will earn anything in Flying Blue...even though Alaska is, independently of its arrangement with Delta, also a Flying Blue partner. But based on the wording on the Flying Blue website, it seems to be a combination of carriers and codes that falls outside the earning possibilities.

In FB, for Delta, it says:
You can earn Miles on all flights marketed DL, AF, KL or SkyTeam and operated by Delta Air Lines

In FB, for Alaska, it says:
You can earn Miles on all flights marketed AS, QX, AF or KL and operated by Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air

I would therefore be very interested to hear if you manage to get DL-coded but AS-operated flights to credit in Flying Blue.

It might be safer, in this instance, to book these flights under their AS codes (for which you would at least earn Award Miles, but not Level Miles).
Hey

interesting reply. I never read into such a detail. The thing is also, that i am to lazy and unorganised to request miles. Usually the AS flights are in the middle legs of my trip. I will trx to find some borading passes, which are not more than 5 months old and file a claim. All the flights were always under DL code.

Lets see what happened.

Simon
Old May 16, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: FB Gold
I just called FB about this today. It took having to bring my boarding passes into the Crown lounge to get AS 867 credited into my account.

Even though it was printed as DL 7553 in my itinerary, I got award miles, but not level miles.
Old May 16, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Nice - Seattle to Kahului!

Could you clarify for us, though, please - which flight number appeared on your boarding pass? AS867 or DL7553?

Note that you can never get level miles for AS-coded flights.
Old May 16, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I got a new boarding pass at the gate, so it said AS867. Also printed on the left half of the boarding pass (the portion the gate agents usually keep) was "codeshare DL 7553."

Glad I'm going back to OGG via LAX next time on a DL flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.