Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 'Expands' MLL Access to Tango Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC 'Expands' MLL Access to Tango Fares

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A Few
Exclamation AC 'Expands' MLL Access to Tango Fares

You can now buy MLL access from almost any fare base.

There has been a price 'enhancement' as well.

"Expanded Maple Leaf Lounge access

Looking for a private, serene escape from the bustle of airport activity as you await your flight? Now, no matter what Economy class fare family you choose for travel within Canada or between Canada and the United States, you can add the Maple Leaf Lounge Travel Option to your booking.

What’s more, Tango Plus customers travelling to our Sun and International destinations can also take advantage of the travel option.

Remember: no matter how many Maple Leaf Lounges are available between your origin and destination, you can relax at each one along the way for just one low price:
For travel within Canada and between Canada & the United States:

* Latitude customers: $30 per one-way
* Tango Plus customers: $35 per one-way
* Tango customers: $45 per one-way

For travel to Sun and International destinations:

* Latitude customers: $45 per one-way
* Tango Plus customers: $55 per one-way

As always, Air Canada Elite, Super Elite & Star Alliance Gold travellers, as well as Maple Leaf Club members and customers travelling in Executive Class and Executive First, will continue to enjoy complimentary access to our Maple Leaf Lounges.

If you’ve already purchased an eligible itinerary at aircanada.com, you can add the Maple Leaf Lounge Travel Option by retrieving your booking, and clicking the “Select travel options” link.

Learn more about Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge locations, features and privileges."

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/090915.html?src=hp_wn
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
You can now buy MLL access from almost any fare base.

There has been a price 'enhancement' as well.

"Expanded Maple Leaf Lounge access

Looking for a private, serene escape from the bustle of airport activity as you await your flight? Now, no matter what Economy class fare family you choose for travel within Canada or between Canada and the United States, you can add the Maple Leaf Lounge Travel Option to your booking.

What’s more, Tango Plus customers travelling to our Sun and International destinations can also take advantage of the travel option.

Remember: no matter how many Maple Leaf Lounges are available between your origin and destination, you can relax at each one along the way for just one low price:
For travel within Canada and between Canada & the United States:

* Latitude customers: $30 per one-way
* Tango Plus customers: $35 per one-way
* Tango customers: $45 per one-way

For travel to Sun and International destinations:

* Latitude customers: $45 per one-way
* Tango Plus customers: $55 per one-way

As always, Air Canada Elite, Super Elite & Star Alliance Gold travellers, as well as Maple Leaf Club members and customers travelling in Executive Class and Executive First, will continue to enjoy complimentary access to our Maple Leaf Lounges.

If you’ve already purchased an eligible itinerary at aircanada.com, you can add the Maple Leaf Lounge Travel Option by retrieving your booking, and clicking the “Select travel options” link.

Learn more about Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge locations, features and privileges."

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/090915.html?src=hp_wn
Why dont they just open it up to any and all paying passengers. There isnt enough room now so whats next. The ML Lounge at one time was a place for SE and E as well as Amex holders. It was a privilege. Not anymore!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:17 pm

How many Tango paying pax do you thing are going to pay $45 for MLL access?

d
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another dilution of Top Tier benefits.

Last edited by airbus320; Sep 15, 2009 at 4:32 pm
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Very poor dilution...

...me and marge where in Dom YVR on Monday a.m. and could NOT find a seat...so we relaxed against the rail (for 5+ minutes)...diligently eyeing who was leaving and in a burst of speed I happened to beat a guy by the magazines cuz he didnt think ahead. I abandoned my bag while he carried his.....HA!
Yes this is what it has come to
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
As I've opined for some time now...AC is moving towards an E/E+ business model, with all E+ services as paid.

MLL access, and now you can upgrade to E+ err I mean to Exec. class via online check-in many times.

The costly to administer 3-tier status program will be dropped in favor of a 2 tiered scheme (Basic, and Premium) , and all amenities, perks, and upgrades will be available via paid access.

When AC removed J seats from all A320s the writing was on the wall as to how much they value E and SE business.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC E50
oh great...

They should go to the Lufthansa model and get a Super Elite / Elite lounge ready because this is going to be a mess...
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:09 pm

Coming soon!

Lounge crawls.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
I just received this email.

I suspect their plan is as follows, for example: sell 100 seats at $10 less than Westjet's. And then hope that 1 in 5 people spend an an additional $40 on extra stuff.

It's the only way they can compete with the likes of Westjet.

Discover an oasis of comfort and productivity

Dear

Relaxation and productivity are not something you would normally associate with the airport experience. That is, until now. I invite you to discover the Maple Leaf Club™. This is your chance to relax in comfort, while making the most of your time at the airport.

Access over 50 lounges

The Maple Leaf Club membership gives you access to over 50* lounges in North America and four lounges in Europe. Entry is yours for only $225 CA including taxes.

For only $124 more—access over 235 lounges worldwide

Or, choose the Maple Leaf Club Worldwide membership and open doors to over 235 lounges around the world for only $349 CA including taxes. This membership welcomes a guest to join you in the lounge with our compliments.

Breeze through Executive First® / Executive Class® Priority Check-in**—another privilege Maple Leaf Club membership offers.

Both offers are available until September 30, 2009, and grant access† until April 30, 2010.

Your time is precious. Make the most of it with a Maple Leaf Club membership.

Benjamin Smith
Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by dodgy
How many Tango paying pax do you thing are going to pay $45 for MLL access?

d
Agree
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by airbus320

Another dilution of Top Tier benefits.
How? Because someone else can pay extra to access the lounge while you get it for free? I'd say that you're still receiving a pretty decent benefit.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
How? Because someone else can pay extra to access the lounge while you get it for free? I'd say that you're still receiving a pretty decent benefit.
Sure it still is a good bani fit;however the watering down is loosing control, turn the tap off.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by getaround
Sure it still is a good bani fit;however the watering down is loosing control, turn the tap off.

What is a bani fit?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's nothing against you E and SE.....AC has to make more money from their assets! Get over yourselves ......
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'd say that you're still receiving a pretty decent benefit.
If you can still find a seat and use the benefit. Overcrowding is becoming a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.