Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ticket Aeroplan Reservation- Singapore Airlines Segments Showing Up As Waitlisted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket Aeroplan Reservation- Singapore Airlines Segments Showing Up As Waitlisted

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite

Hi!

I booked an awesome business reward ticket on Aeroplan on Wednesday and it ticketed on Thursday.

Today I went in to select my seats and my 2 Singapore Airlines segments are showing up as 'Waitlisted' while the rest of the ticket shows confirmed and I can select seats. (I have segments on AC, UA and OZ). The segments were viewable on the Aeroplan website when I made the reservation but I had to call in because it was too many segments to get it to work on the website with the connecting AC flights.

Is this something I should be worried about or is this just how SQ does their partner rewards? The flight isn't until the end of November.

Thanks,

siaa380
(I can see the irony here)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by siaa380
Hi!

I booked an awesome business reward ticket on Aeroplan on Wednesday and it ticketed on Thursday.

Today I went in to select my seats and my 2 Singapore Airlines segments are showing up as 'Waitlisted' while the rest of the ticket shows confirmed and I can select seats. (I have segments on AC, UA and OZ). The segments were viewable on the Aeroplan website when I made the reservation but I had to call in because it was too many segments to get it to work on the website with the connecting AC flights.

Is this something I should be worried about or is this just how SQ does their partner rewards? The flight isn't until the end of November.

Thanks,

siaa380

Did you get the PNR for SQ?

There have been other threads

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...d-tickets.html
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:41 am

Hi!

Thanks,

siaa380
What are the SQ routes?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Any SQ flight I have booked shows up on the SQ website and let's me pick my seats. Sometimes takes a day or so between booking with AE and then it showing up on SQ website
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Did you get the PNR for SQ?

There have been other threads

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...d-tickets.html
I have a confirmation code for them from Aeroplan and an e-ticket for the whole reservation.

The flights are ICN-SIN and SIN-DPS
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I have a confirmation code for them from Aeroplan and an e-ticket for the whole reservation.

The flights are ICN-SIN and SIN-DPS
Do the flights show confirmed on SQs website? Did you call them and ask for the status of the flight? You really need to do this and figure it out now, not later.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Do the flights show confirmed on SQs website? Did you call them and ask for the status of the flight? You really need to do this and figure it out now, not later.
Exactly. And when you call SQ, you might as well re-confirm your APIS info and select/reconfirm your seats and Book the Cook options (if available).

I posted in another thread that most of my SQ segments on Aeroplan itineraries were not accessible on the SQ site, and I don't trust Aeroplan. For one recent ticket, LH was the second segment and when I added my info to the LH PNR, it populated on SQ as well.

And I would highly advise that you contact each airline and reconfirm directly with them, and get an itinerary sent to you with their PNR and your e-ticket #.

I'm sure you also know that the itineraries are NOT tickets and SQ is one of the airlines that has this posted on the confirmations they send. You must travel with your original Aeroplan ticket.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Uh, the whole point of this thread is they show as waitlisted.

I'd call Aeroplan first. SQ could tell the OP the status of the reservation, but won't be able to fix it.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm sure you also know that the itineraries are NOT tickets and SQ is one of the airlines that has this posted on the confirmations they send. You must travel with your original Aeroplan ticket.
I don't think you understand what a ticket is.

You can't travel "with your original Aeroplan ticket", because it's an electronic ticket, in their system.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Free Agent
e-ticket number stays the same across carriers (while PNR will change based on carrier) and therefore should be what you ask the other airlines to check, no?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't think you understand what a ticket is.

You can't travel "with your original Aeroplan ticket", because it's an electronic ticket, in their system.
Thanks for your comments.

On arrival at LAX, LH wanted to see my printed Aeroplan e-ticket whatever-you-want-to-call-it

On arrival at LAX on a different trip, BR wanted the same

When I was in FRA and could not check in for my SQ flight, the LH F assistant took my paper Aeroplan crap over to the SQ counters in the main terminal and had them sort it out.

E-tickets may be in the system, but SQ and other airlines point out that you must have your original ticket with you.

Whether you liked my reply or not, I was adding my advice along with other posters to encourage OP to get it all sorted out now, not later and have all the necessary docs/confirmations/etc
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canolakid
e-ticket number stays the same across carriers (while PNR will change based on carrier) and therefore should be what you ask the other airlines to check, no?
Which is what I asked OP in post # 2
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Thanks for your comments.

On arrival at LAX, LH wanted to see my printed Aeroplan e-ticket whatever-you-want-to-call-it

On arrival at LAX on a different trip, BR wanted the same

When I was in FRA and could not check in for my SQ flight, the LH F assistant took my paper Aeroplan crap over to the SQ counters in the main terminal and had them sort it out.

E-tickets may be in the system, but SQ and other airlines point out that you must have your original ticket with you.

Whether you liked my reply or not, I was adding my advice along with other posters to encourage OP to get it all sorted out now, not later and have all the necessary docs/confirmations/etc
What you had was not a ticket.

What you had was a printout that had your ticket number on it.

I have literally read off the 13 digits to numerous airline employees over the course of my travels, while reading from an email on my phone.

I have boarded a flight with an actual paper ticket in the past couple years. Having a paper ticket means something is broken. Having an electronic ticket number means things are probably good, and you don't need to hold a physical ticket in your hand.

But believe me, you do not have a ticket (or copy thereof).
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Hi!

Thanks,

siaa380
Hint... Your SQ confirmation number is that same as your OZ confirmation. They both use Amadeus.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Uh, the whole point of this thread is they show as waitlisted.

I'd call Aeroplan first. SQ could tell the OP the status of the reservation, but won't be able to fix it.
I know. But it's still not a bad idea to see what SQ sees.

I feel like this is when problems can start to happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.