Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Passport purgatory

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Passport Canada is ridiculous about allowing people to get new passports when needed.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
This is one of my biggest pet peeves about airlines.

before departure, no airline staff will comment about any entry requirements. They will always refer you to that country's immigration office or whatever.

But on day of departure, at check in, just like that, out of nowhere, everyone is now an expert at custom's and immigration capable of determining entry.

There are also situations where you call a foreign country immigration service, and will literally tell you "your airline may have stricter requirements".

I can understand the airline doesn't want to take responsibility for misinformation, especially that things can change often, but if they can deny you boarding US-Canada cause your Canadian passport has a water stain, while CBSA would not care one minute especially since you are a Canadian returning home.

It's a mess. And things like Timatic (which I never knew of for the longest time), should made more easily available (IMO), especially if Airlines use it to make entry decisions which could cost you thousands in rebooking fees and lost accomodations.

/rantover
Amen. This. +1000000.

Just look at the eTA (and PR) mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.