Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in BOG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Lounge access in BOG

I was wondering if there is a lounge access agreement for AC pax with any airline in BOG. I was not sure what arrangements carry through now that BOG is assigned to Rouge. We are one E50K and one non-status pax flying premium Rouge.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by JTXC
I was wondering if there is a lounge access agreement for AC pax with any airline in BOG. I was not sure what arrangements carry through now that BOG is assigned to Rouge. We are one E50K and one non-status pax flying premium Rouge.
download loungebuddy for your future reference.
I checked and see nothing for *G.

However if you have the Amex platinum or Priority Pass, you have available options.
depending on your next flight.

Edit: see the next reply and ignore mine.

Last edited by CanRulez; Apr 13, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
OP,

Per the Star Alliance website.

You both can use the Avianca lounges in BOG. You're Star Gold so you've got access on status with one guest.

The only issue is if you're leaving on a non Star Alliance airline. Avianca won't let you in even if you came in on a Star Alliance airline.

Last edited by ttuna3; Apr 13, 2017 at 12:31 pm Reason: Added Reference
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Sala VIP Avianca lounge is on the 2nd level, its pretty good.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Isnt Rouge a non-star alliance airline?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Rouge is fully in Star Alliance as an affiliate airline, unlike some subsidiaries like Lufthansa's Eurowings/Germanwings.

The lounges at BOG suck. Even the Diamond Lounge that *G cannot access (only J or AV Diamonds) is pretty bad.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I found the LAN lounge pretty decent actually. Above the average MLL. Access via Priority Pass.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
In theory the Daimond side of the AV lounge is only for those in AV J and AV's top-tier members, but I believe in practice they let in *G as well.

I actually prefer the other side of the lounge as it's usually less crowded and more types of seating.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
In theory the Daimond side of the AV lounge is only for those in AV J and AV's top-tier members, but I believe in practice they let in *G as well.

I actually prefer the other side of the lounge as it's usually less crowded and more types of seating.
They most certainly do not permit *G into the Diamond side of the lounge. I have tried and turned down each time.

While full of errors, the Star Alliance lounge finder is a good place to start:

http://m.staralliance.com/portal/lou...art.do?l=en_US

To the fellow FTer who claims the AV lounges suck, they are on par with most United Clubs.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
They most certainly do not permit *G into the Diamond side of the lounge. I have tried and turned down each time.
I've been in there several times when flying UA or AC and I definitely don't have any status with AV. One time I was told since I was *G I could go over there. So perhaps it's a case of certain agents not following policy, but to make a blanket statement line that isn't necessarily correct.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've been in there several times when flying UA or AC and I definitely don't have any status with AV. One time I was told since I was *G I could go over there. So perhaps it's a case of certain agents not following policy, but to make a blanket statement line that isn't necessarily correct.
Were you flying J in UA or AC? That may be why they made an exception.

Otherwise, access based on status when flying economy is pretty clear for AV:

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbelitab.aspx

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
I found the LAN lounge pretty decent actually. Above the average MLL. Access via Priority Pass.
That is an option as well, but not everybody has AMEX Plat/PP.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Were you flying J in UA or AC? That may be why they made an exception.

Otherwise, access based on status when flying economy is pretty clear for AV:

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbelitab.aspx
Actually, what you're looking for is the lounge access rules here (PDF): http://www.avianca.com/es/Documents/...ip-propias.pdf

Those flying on *A partners in J are not supposed to be able to access the Diamond lounge either.

So, the AV agents haven't been following policy one way or the other. And, as I said, I was one told that because I was *G I could use the Diamond side.

Clearly YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.